my amp is a marshall zakk wylde stack why i am aware the users of UG don't like because its its distortion setting, i use a zoom g2 effects pedal for the distortion and clean channels, so will the distortion on the amp affect the tone im getting from my G2? im curious to know because im going to get a bc rich KKV, the top one, with some bare knuckle pickups. should i take my amp and stuff to the shop in order to get the tone ill be getting?
thanks, oh and don't tell me too buy a new amp either because with my band i use my drummers high quality speakers through a PA, its a practice amp basically.
do you mean the mini mg stack or the real deal tube one?
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
put whatever guitar you want through it, it's going to end up sounding sterile on the clean channel or buzzy on the overdrive channel.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
i was asking if the sound of my distortion channel will affect my effects pedal sound
Quote by Jhachey22
put whatever guitar you want through it, it's going to end up sounding sterile on the clean channel or buzzy on the overdrive channel.

true, that amp is only good for bedroom use imho
in a band situation you will need something much better, sorry
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by Hetfieldjr
i was asking if the sound of my distortion channel will affect my effects pedal sound

it's going to sound bad. end of story.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
did nobody actually read my post?! i said i use my drummers PA system for playing with my band it IS for bedroom use.
Quote by Hetfieldjr
did nobody actually read my post?! i said i use my drummers PA system for playing with my band it IS for bedroom use.

Everything with MG in it gets flamed, it seems...
The PA won't make it really better.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Yeah, I think the letters M and G together make people go cross-eyed or something. Anyway.

If you're just using the amp as a clean slate and use the effects pedal to generate everything, then yeah. It's going to be a big part of it. So if you feel like taking your g2 with you to the store, then go ahead and take it. The sales people will likely do anything for a sale. I wouldn't bring the amp though. It's very unlikely that they won't have some small solid state amp to test things with.

Also, I know you said you didn't want a new amp, but if you're going to be getting a high quality guitar, you should think about it down the road even if it's just a small Fender tube combo that you use for cleans and stack your effects on top of.
Squier VM Jazzmaster
Superfuzz/ RAT/ OCD /DE7/ Spring Chicken/ DL-4
Vox AC15C1/ Ampeg Jet 12T/ Guitar Rig
So you are running a MultiFX through the PA? Treating the Multi as a preamp and the PA as a poweramp? Am I right on this?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
im not really sure tbh, i just plug my guitar into the multifx, then that into the big PA thing, then that into 2 big soundlab speakers, i really have no idea about the whole power amp, preamp thing :S im using the PA with speakers as an amp
Spend your money on a different amp before you go guitar shopping. An amp will have a MUCH bigger impact on your tone then a guitar will.
It doesn't matter how many guitars you own, a crap amp will make you sound like crap.
I would rather play a crap guitar through a quality amp......
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100