Alright so I'm looking for a guitar with a thin maple neck that is set-thru. I'll be using it primarily for shred stuff and what not. Shapewise doesn'nt matter, doesn't matter if it has a fixed or floating bridge either. Any recommendations?
Ibanez RG prestiges have super thin neck that are thru necks. I dont know why you need a set thru, thru necks have better access, and are more common.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
The shape of the neck should affect your decision more that the wood or any other factor, should it not? After all, even if you found a guitar that met all your specs, it might feel totally wrong because it's too fat/thin in the neck. Do you need a set-thru maple neck?
Thanks for the recommendation guys, will check out some Ibanez models
Though I was under the impression most Ibanez have a bolt-on construction?
Edit: The reason I wanted a maple neck that is set-thru is because I usually have trouble accessing the higher frets with a bolt-on construction due to the large heel. I also prefer maple necks as I don't really like the feel of rosewood fretboards and the fact that they need oiling once in awhile.
Last edited by MermaidMan at Sep 12, 2009,
Budget? And you mentioned you don't like rosewood fretboards so you want either a maple fretboard or an ebony fretboard? If so that rules out a fair amount of guitars tbh. You could check out the Michael Kelly Hex Deluxe or the BC Rich ASM Pro although both come with active pickups which you may not like.