Put the bridge back?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
But make sure you put it on the right way...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
well if it's a floating bridge.. you changed em the wrong way... if it's fixed.. i unno why that happened.. but floating your supposed to take em off 1 at a time.. so take 1 off.. put 1 on.. take another off.. put another on
just so u know, tune-o-matics, are meant to just come off the posts like that, so are several other types, its just the string tension that keeps them on, but for the sake of your bridge and truss rod, you should never take off all your strings, always leave at least one on
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Quote by bananahammock
but for the sake of your bridge and truss rod, you should never take off all your strings, always leave at least one on

Not true. You can leave all the strings off, and it won't mess with your bridge or truss. In fact, leaving one string would mess with the truss more, because then there would be quite a bit or inequal tension along the neck, messing with the neck's bow.
But you were right about the TOM bit. They just fall off without strings.
Quote by Baby Joel
Not true. You can leave all the strings off, and it won't mess with your bridge or truss. In fact, leaving one string would mess with the truss more, because then there would be quite a bit or inequal tension along the neck, messing with the neck's bow.
But you were right about the TOM bit. They just fall off without strings.

it depends how well its made, and ive got a 7 string, so i can leave on string on, cos i have a string right up the middle of my fretboard

cheap guitar will get problems wth the truss rod if u leave all the strings off,
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Quote by bananahammock

cheap guitar will get problems wth the truss rod if u leave all the strings off,

A cheap guitar will have problems with the truss rod, period... It's not that if you leave all your strings of, then your necks gonna screw up, it's that there's a greater chance of it screwing up then with the strings on... Unless you have it set for like, Standard with 13's or something.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by bananahammock
it depends how well its made, and ive got a 7 string, so i can leave on string on, cos i have a string right up the middle of my fretboard

Good point about the seven strings. I forgot they existed for a minute.
About the cheap guitars, I think that's more to do with the poor neck construction, though I'm thinking you may be right about them too. Although really, it should only take a small truss rod adjustment to fix it. It's not like the rod is going to snap in half or anything.
well, no dont leave one string on, but if you don't know how to set up a guitar,
swap one string at a time.

as for the bridge popping off.

like said, make sure you slip it back in the correct way, or you'll have to redo the whole intonation.

if you arent sure, state the model, for example epi bridges go on this way....

i want to bookmark this thread, because all the time i get salty older users
trying to tell me that taking off all the strings at once is no big thing.

to be honest, if you've never set up a guitar before, it's very upsetting when the neck relaxes, and needs additional adjustment or when the bridge pops off and settings are lost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
What guitar is this? Just so we know what kind of bridge you have because we all aren't ****ing psychic
ok fret the strings at the 12th fret.

if they are out of tune there even when the open string is IN tune, then click the green link in my sig.
the first post explains intonation.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011