* WARNING SPOILERS*
So i got Fallout 3 for my PS3 about 3 weeks ago, and it's been playing fine up until now. I'm doing the Waters of Life quest, and i'm at the point where your dad dies and you have to escape the jefferson memorial. Every time i open the door, it freezes, regardless of which door i take. I've tried deleting the Game Data from the Game Data Utility, i've restarted many times, but it always freezes. After deleting the game data, it worked better but still froze.
It's not the PS3, because i haven't had any problems with any other games, and it's not the disc, it's completely scratch free.
I know Fallout has problems and glitches like this, but i cant find any new advice on the issue, and the last thing i want to do is start a new game.
Any advice, pit?
Quote by Nietsche
Don't drive. Stay in doors in a padded sterilised germ free room with a strait jacket eating vitamin pills at the appropriate intervals

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by cptcomet
Weird Kid: Do you play by ear?

Me: No, I play by hand.
Last edited by ironmaiden_98 at Sep 12, 2009,
Quote by ironmaiden_98
So i got Fallout 3 for my PS3 about 3 weeks ago, and it's been playing fine up until now. I'm doing the Waters of Life quest, and i'm at the point where your dad dies and you have to escape the jefferson memorial. Every time i open the door, it freezes, regardless of which door i take. I've tried deleting the Game Data from the Game Data Utility, i've restarted many times, but it always freezes. After deleting the game data, it worked better but still froze.
It's not the PS3, because i haven't had any problems with any other games, and it's not the disc, it's completely scratch free.
I know Fallout has problems and glitches like this, but i cant find any new advice on the issue, and the last thing i want to do is start a new game.
Any advice, pit?

ಠ_ಠ

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Mine used to freeze at random point when I was in the Wasteland but I just restarted and it worked fine. I had alot of issues with that game. Bad coding I guess. Dunno about your problem though.
Quote by Lollage123
Score For The 360!

Except that the rate of broken 360s to not broken within a year of purchase is like 60%
Goodness gracious me!
Bethesda make buggy games, pretty much.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by cornmancer
DAMN I read your dad dies, and I'm not there yet.

It's ok, he comes back to life near the end as a super mutant.
Quote by cornmancer
DAMN I read your dad dies, and I'm not there yet.

I said there were spoilers
Quote by Nietsche
Don't drive. Stay in doors in a padded sterilised germ free room with a strait jacket eating vitamin pills at the appropriate intervals

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by cptcomet
Weird Kid: Do you play by ear?

Me: No, I play by hand.
I had that part spoiled for me too, you guys shouldn't have read past "*spoilers*". I also had both endings to GTA IV ruined for me. Thanks internet.
The 360 has the exact same problem...when leaving the memorial..after the dad dies...which ever door i would pick, it would still freeze...xbox ended up releasing a patch over live to fix it.
You could also just start again, which fixes it.
Fallout 3 has bugs on every platform. It crashes on PC sometimes too. Bethesda makes a great game, but they don't know how to release something without it having tons of bugs.
Yeah it's a very buggy game. When I first played it on PC it froze everytime I left the vault at the beginning. If only you had the PC version I could suggest uninstalling and then re-installing it.
it's becuse it's such a massive game and if it misses loading like 1 spark then it freezes....
Quote by iantheman
I laughed at someone for breaking his g-string, and got sigged

Quote by Veil Of Osiris

You just made me spit out my Kool-Aid all over my keyboard.

sorry
Quote by wesleyisgay
it's becuse it's such a massive game and if it misses loading like 1 spark then it freezes....
WoW is more massive than Fallout 3 and I can't say I remember crashing on me in all the time had I played it.
Quote by Bizarro

Except that the rate of broken 360s to not broken within a year of purchase is like 60%

1 in 3 = 60% ?

also I've had 2 360's ... neither of them have had any problems.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon