I would imagine it to be quite easy, but i've no idea how to do this. any help is appreciated.

thanks
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
What kind of guitar do you have? What bridge is on it? What bridge are you wanting to put on it?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
A Fender Strat, I have a Fender brigde, and I want to put a Fender Bridge in it. The current one has a piece of my whammy bar in it

EDIT: i think ive got it. remove strings, remove springs, unsolder ground wire, remove bridge, unscrew the thing that holds the springs on top, screw in mew 'spring holder', put in new bridge, solder ground wire, put in springs, put in strings.

amirite?
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Last edited by alexdoabismo at Sep 12, 2009,
If you need to just get the piece out, you can use one of those drill bits made to remove stripped screws. It bores a small hole in the screw (the broken tremolo arm) and then drills it out backwards.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
So you want to put a tremollo style bridge on it? Take one off? Be a little more specific with the bridge you have and want.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
So you want to put a tremollo style bridge on it? Take one off? Be a little more specific with the bridge you have and want.

how specific can I be? there are no non-tremolo style Fender bridges. and if im putting a new one in, of course im removing the current one.

geez
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by Kevy Absolution
If you need to just get the piece out, you can use one of those drill bits made to remove stripped screws. It bores a small hole in the screw (the broken tremolo arm) and then drills it out backwards.

ive already tried that, no luck. it seems to have grown in there or something
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by alexdoabismo
how specific can I be? there are no non-tremolo style Fender bridges. and if im putting a new one in, of course im removing the current one.

geez

Fender have made non-tremolo style bridges, They have also made strats with more than one style of bridge and so people on here dont know what your talking about in a great amount of detail untill you specifically state the model or style of bridge, or post a picture. Is that not common sense?

If you've got a piece of whammy bar stuck in there, I'm sure that with the right tools there will be a way of getting it out, buying a whole new bridge seems abit drastic.

However the method of removing and installing that you have posted seems correct, but pictures always help out.

Also dont ask for help and then when someone asks for you to be more specific start getting annoyed about it, it kinda makes you look abit silly.

"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by alexdoabismo
A Fender Strat, I have a Fender brigde, and I want to put a Fender Bridge in it. The current one has a piece of my whammy bar in it

EDIT: i think ive got it. remove strings, remove springs, unsolder ground wire, remove bridge, unscrew the thing that holds the springs on top, screw in mew 'spring holder', put in new bridge, solder ground wire, put in springs, put in strings.

amirite?

thats pretty much it, just make sure the two bridges are the same and go for it.

your just replace the bridge with a identical one, so it will be easy, unlike swaping a ToM for a floyd or something

but its good that you know about the ground wire most people just freakout and make a new thread about it
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by alexdoabismo

geez

Really? Why don't you go look around the fender website, and see if your answer stays the same.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by metal-matt
thats pretty much it, just make sure the two bridges are the same and go for it.

your just replace the bridge with a identical one, so it will be easy, unlike swaping a ToM for a floyd or something

but its good that you know about the ground wire most people just freakout and make a new thread about it

finally, someone that actually helped me. good to know I was on the right track.
I just know the ground wire is there, I have no idea what its for
anyway, thanks again
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
I'm guessing that your whammy bar has broken off and is now lodged inside your tremolo block? If that's the case then just remove the bridge unit (but not the trem claw or springs, so leave the ground wire soldered) and unscrew the bridge unit and swap and then re-insert the springs and re-string.
shoul i unscrew the trem claw before removing springs? im finding it a bit hard to remove them
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
yeah, back the screws up, but not all the way out, then get a pair of pliers, and pull out the spring.

you could just unscrew it, but it will "pop" out, and the screws will probly take a little bit of wood with them, and if that happens a few to many times, your screws will be loose and that will totaly suck.

so yeah, slack the springs a bit, then pull out the spring, you dont need to remove the claw.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by metal-matt
yeah, back the screws up, but not all the way out, then get a pair of pliers, and pull out the spring.

you could just unscrew it, but it will "pop" out, and the screws will probly take a little bit of wood with them, and if that happens a few to many times, your screws will be loose and that will totaly suck.

so yeah, slack the springs a bit, then pull out the spring, you dont need to remove the claw.

cool thanks.
when i put the new springs in, should i put them in any particular claw? the three are all going to three middle claws...should i put them on the 1st,3rd and 5th? thanks??

EDIT: or should I go total Hendrix style and use 2 of my old springs and have 5 springs??

EDIT2: the new bridge came with 8 springs....as far as i can see, im only going to use 2...are there any utilities for the others?
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Last edited by alexdoabismo at Sep 12, 2009,
Quote by alexdoabismo
cool thanks.
when i put the new springs in, should i put them in any particular claw? the three are all going to three middle claws...should i put them on the 1st,3rd and 5th? thanks??

EDIT: or should I go total Hendrix style and use 2 of my old springs and have 5 springs??

EDIT2: the new bridge came with 8 springs....as far as i can see, im only going to use 2...are there any utilities for the others?

in not sure about other uses for the springs, but the amount of springs used so relitive to your string gauge, and tuneing.

so if you put, say 2 springs in there, and string up, then find that the bridge is raising up, put a extra spring in there, basicly you want the bridge to sit down, lol, but you can put more springs inthereif you want, but then usimg the tremelo bar will get harder.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.