ive S/B but couldnt find the answer

yeh im thinkin of buyin somethin from the US but how much does something have to cost before it has Import tax and custom charges added to it for it to come into the country?

this is just for refrence to see if i will proceed to buy it .

thanks

edit:
I live in the UK
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
In theory there is no lower limit. That said, most items under about £20 get classed as gifts. Much above that and it really is cheaper to find a UK or EU supplier.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Pretty sure they can charge one on anything, but ignore things under a certain value because it's not worth the effort.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
You usually have to pay about 25% on top of the price of the product and the shipping costs.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
nah theres a certain price if the products under , there isnt any taxes or custom charges
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Quote by kakos
ive S/B but couldnt find the answer

yeh im thinkin of buyin somethin from the US but how much does something have to cost before it has Import tax and custom charges added to it for it to come into the country?

this is just for refrence to see if i will proceed to buy it .

thanks

edit:
I live in the UK

It's £7 or less for the UK according to HMRC website, anything over that is likely to get taxed etc. Usually works out at around 30% by the time you add the couriers "handling fess" etc.

HMRC website

SH