Hey UG,

I got this very brief question aobut my London City Spitfire strat. It has 3 springs in the back, should that be enough to hold 0.11 gauge?

Thanks
Quote by Buske6000
Hey UG,

I got this very brief question aobut my London City Spitfire strat. It has 3 springs in the back, should that be enough to hold 0.11 gauge?

Thanks

Well, I have three springs on my Ibanez and when I tried gauge 10 those three weren't enough. I had a bridge leaning toward the neck until I went back to 09s. Get a couple more springs if you have enough hooks to attach them.
should be ok to keep it level.
but even if it lifts, it shouldnt hurt anything, the spring/screw tension can always be added or adjusted after.

do yourself a favor and swap one string at a time.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 12, 2009,
you may need a 4th spring. and then you may need to adjust the trem claw as well.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"