I get fret buzz from strumming too hard. I just moved from acoustic to electric, and i don't know, it doesn't feel that I'm strumming hard, but i can hear the fret buzz. When i use as little as possible force, then there is no fret buzz, but i just find it impossible to always use such a small amount of force. It doesn't effect the sound that comes out of the amp, but the buzzing that i hear that comes from my guitar is just a little weird. Is this kind of buzzing normal? I mean i try to strum as lightly as i can, but sometimes it just happens that i use a little bit more force, and bam, fret buzz.
You might need to take your guitar to a shop and let them set it up
Acoustic players often pluck the strings with more force than electric guitar players. It probably has to do with the fact that it sounds better and makes it louder. But with an amp you don't need to do that. So maybe you need to adjust to plucking the strings softer.
I was just searching through the forums about fret buzz, and i noticed that one guy said that if the buzzing is acoustic and not transmitted through the amp, it's not a problem. So is this true? Because the buzz like i said doesn't sound through the amp, only acousticly.
Quote by Shinami
I was just searching through the forums about fret buzz, and i noticed that one guy said that if the buzzing is acoustic and not transmitted through the amp, it's not a problem. So is this true? Because the buzz like i said doesn't sound through the amp, only acousticly.

It still bugs the **** out of me. I think sometimes I pluck too hard, because I get the picking sound through the amp sometimes.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Ah just chill with the picking haha, electrics dont need as hard plicking as in an Acoustic as said above. If I pick to hard, the same thing happens which isnt nice.

Have a look at your neck too (The guitars neck xD) Make sure it isnt bent too much towards the strings, it may need adjustement.

My low E always did this anyway, I just keep my strings low to the frets, so the low E tends to buzz sometimes, but doesent come through the amp.
Quote by Serge933
Ah just chill with the picking haha, electrics dont need as hard plicking as in an Acoustic as said above. If I pick to hard, the same thing happens which isnt nice.

Have a look at your neck too (The guitars neck xD) Make sure it isnt bent too much towards the strings, it may need adjustement.

My low E always did this anyway, I just keep my strings low to the frets, so the low E tends to buzz sometimes, but doesent come through the amp.

Chilling is hard, because I'm playing a song that gives me a lot of energy, so i want to play it with energy
Watch this video. It's probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvuahP-ZO-c

FRET BUZZ!!!!!

The guitar probably needs a good setup. Use your eye sockets to read a few tutorials on how to do it yourself or waste some money by paying someone else to do it.
Last edited by Rick540 at Sep 13, 2009,
Well i tried raising the strings, so i don't think this is the setup that's bad, because it was kind of the same.
If it doesn´t transmit through the amp then there´s no real problem - you can just ignore it.
Quote by Vlasco
If it doesn´t transmit through the amp then there´s no real problem - you can just ignore it.

Now that i think about it, it's really hard to tell if it transmits through the amp, since my amp sucks, It's not even a guitar amp, just an old beat up amp we found at our home that we connected with the guitar. Tho i think it doesn't, since when i make the frets buzz ( Strum hard ), sure it sometimes make a bit different sound, but that sound often starts before the buzzing starts, so I'm pretty sure it's not transmitting.
I personally would not worry about it then. It wouldn´t hurt to practise strumming more lightly while playing electric anyways.
I have fret buzz on my low E string near the top of the neck. It is so annoying. The string makes more of a "bong!" noise when I play notes than anything. I fking hate it.