I was going to buy a les paul standard 2008 with the ebony finish but i saw the traditional one and they look the same.which one has the better mmsuical ability??
Quote by nasserliverpool
I was going to buy a les paul standard 2008 with the ebony finish but i saw the traditional one and they look the same.which one has the better mmsuical ability??

They both have a musical ability. It's whether you like the feel of one compared to the other.
^ and the sound
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Quote by MickAlmighty
^ and the sound

If you don't like the sound, you can just replace pickups. It's more about feel and if it resonates better acoustically (In my opinion. Dishing out an extra $200 on Humbuckers you like if you're already buying a guitar that's over $1,000 doesn't seem like that big of a deal).
its more what YOU prefer that counts, isnt it???
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Well the Standard has a chambered body and a specially cut neck and different tuners and i believe a pcb board in the back. The Traditional is more like an older Standard, it has a 50's neck, gibson deluxe tuners, regular pots and caps i think, and it has a swiss cheese cut body.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by nasserliverpool

both instruments don't have any - it's the player that has the musical ability, not the instrument.

as far as i know, the 2008 standards are chambered to the point of being able to be labelled a semi-hollowbody, and have an asymmetrical neck profile, whereas the traditional is fully solid with a more traditional neck profile (hence "traditional" model name). neither are better or worse - just different. it's entirely a matter of preference.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
imo, if you are looking for a "true" les paul sound, go for the traditional, seeing it is more like the les paul's from the old days.
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Quote by Blompcube
both instruments don't have any - it's the player that has the musical ability, not the instrument.

as far as i know, the 2008 standards are chambered to the point of being able to be labelled a semi-hollowbody, and have an asymmetrical neck profile, whereas the traditional is fully solid with a more traditional neck profile (hence "traditional" model name). neither are better or worse - just different. it's entirely a matter of preference.

the traditional is not fully solid, it has i believe 9 holes drilled into it. The traditional is like a standard made from the late 80's to 2006.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
yeah, exactly what he said^^

i dont know why they dont just make them solid.. its cheaper, and sounds much better..
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah