So I'm still looking for a new amp. I play Classic Rock (Zeppelin, AC/DC, Queen, The Beatles, Sabbath, Hendrix, etc.) I will be saving up for the amp. I currently have a MG15DFX. I am not sure which one to get. I have looked at Hazes, JCM800s, Tiny Terror, Rocker 30, Classic 30, AC15, and couple more. I dunno which to get. Please give me some suggestions.

EDIT: Sorry, I had to quickly make this. I live in the US, Nebraska to be precise. I plan on playing smaller to medium gigs. I will be saving up for the amps. I have no experiance with tube amps.
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Last edited by guitarlord28 at Sep 12, 2009,
Quote by Darkflame
have you looked at traynor amps? they are amazing
what's your budget ? where do you live ?

+1 to every thing in that post
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I would say the JCM800

avoid the Hazes though

The Haze is much like a JCM 800, especially through quality speakers.

The Beatles and Queen are Voxy, whereas pretty much everything else on your list is Plexi-esque. If you're wanting Sabbath tones, a Laney Klipp or Supergroup would be ideal.

I'd go for a Splawn Quickrod.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
the problem with the haze is its unnatural sound compression, and it breaks up way to early.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

First off, great taste in music. But before we can help we're gonna need some more details, like budget, volume requirements etc.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Quote by Darkflame
have you looked at traynor amps? they are amazing
what's your budget ? where do you live ?

+3
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
Out of those, I would say Rocker 30 (assuming you aren't on a budget)
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Are traynors good for classic rock? I mean can it get from almost Beatles/Hendrix clean tone to Zeppelin, or AC/DC overtrive/distortion? Which model of amp? How much? Can you get a footswich?
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Last edited by guitarlord28 at Sep 12, 2009,
Quote by guitarlord28
1)Are traynors good for classic rock? I mean can it get from almost Beatles/Hendrix clean tone to Zeppelin, or AC/DC overtrive/distortion? 2)Which model of amp? 3)How much? 4)Can you get a footswich?

1) Yes, they're great for classic rock.
2) The YCS 50 and YCV 40 are pretty solid amps, and will do giging properly
3) Most of them are like 500-800$, wich a pretty good price.
4) Yes
i own the traynor ycv40wr, and it's really really really good. i use it for gigging, i use it to record our demo (there's one song in my profile, i'd give you the myspace to hear the other ones, but i don't think it's allowed.) granted, i don't play the same styles as you, but that overdrive channel is good for classic rock as well. it's pretty crunchy if you want it to be, the EQ is veeeerry responsive, the reverb sounds great, the cleans are beautiful, there's nothing not to like about it.