is damage like this repairable?
(this isn't my guitar it's one on the internet I'm half considering buying)
What that small crack? Thats common on most Ibanez guitars. Especially the 80's models. Its probably only through the finish, but even if its in the wood it shouldn't affect anything.
Quote by Matt420740
What that small crack? Thats common on most Ibanez guitars. Especially the 80's models. Its probably only through the finish, but even if its in the wood it shouldn't affect anything.

ah nice one
I'm still undecided between buying this one and buying a mahogany body with a veneer (unfinished) for about the same price. This one should be a tonal match to the old one (mines an RG350EX- identical but in black) and i dont know what kinda quality I'd expect from the mahogany one being as it's cheap. It's just a pain in the arse getting the ibanez one from america :\
Well, do you like the tone you get now?
If you want it a bit darker, then get the mahogany body.
If you like it now, get the basswood one.
Can we see the mahogany one?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Well, do you like the tone you get now?
If you want it a bit darker, then get the mahogany body.
If you like it now, get the basswood one.
Can we see the mahogany one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330355332385&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

That'd be the mahogany one.
I think I'm gonna go with the mahogany one and then provided i like the tone I'll just keep that and the original body will end up being a little project

once repaired possibly convert into a JEM (well, monkey grip atleast; doubt i'd bother with a lion claw :P )
Quote by guitarcam123
Mahogany one looks heaps better, I'd say go with that one.

Got any ideas for the stain?

i was thinking of finding a nice medium-dark blue and just doing it all with that
it's either that or i'll try and replicate Schecter's Black Cherry because that's my favourite finish of all time

either way i'll be using black dye to emphasize (sp?) the grain beforehand.
I'm leaning towards the blue because i intend to get a schecter hellraiser avenger in black cherry once i have a job :P

EDIT: how easy/hard is a burst like Dragonburst to do? :P
Last edited by Bigsteve92 at Sep 13, 2009,