guitar playing is dead to me...

the drone effect at 6:56 is pretty cool, though

you'd look like a damn fool at gig if you were holding one note and the audience heard a continuous sweep
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Last edited by Bright Light at Sep 12, 2009,
Wow. That kind of pisses me off. That imo is more than cheating. **** you Korg! **** You
That pedal looks fun, and trippy tones too!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
well yes its cheating... i don't see how it could be 'skills' in any sense of the matter.

is there anything wrong with using these effects to make you sound killer awesome? NO!

edit: just because you can use all these effects doesn't mean you perhaps shouldn't learn how to do these things in real life, but in general i see nothing wrong with using them.
Last edited by AkiraSpectrum at Sep 12, 2009,
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
That pedal looks fun, and trippy tones too!

I like the filters, you could play a sick intro to a show with it.

I'm thinking of getting it for the effects, the arpeggiating crap is abit ghay though.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
how would those be skills? you press a setting and play a note and it does the playing for you? yes that is very much cheating dont get it its a waste if you want to be good without effects.
Rattle Your Goddamn Head!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by kaos572
how would those be skills? you press a setting and play a note and it does the playing for you? yes that is very much cheating dont get it its a waste if you want to be good without effects.

Using pedals is playing around with feet as well as hands, people who play with completely dry signals, and say pedals are cheating, annoy me because of this.

The arpeggios sound pretty digital though.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Using pedals is playing around with feet as well as hands, people who play with completely dry signals, and say pedals are cheating, annoy me because of this.

+1

Think of a guitar and amp as a brush and canvas. With the brush, you can paint certain colors, but if you add more colors or materials, you get more expression and ability to better express what it is you're trying to say with the painting.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by EndTheRapture51

I think he only meant that the auto-arpeggios were cheating. not effects like, phaser, delay and the such. those are fine. the arpeggio part of this pedal is deffinitely cheating and just looks retarded if you hold one note and theres 8 being played.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
If you use this thing and try to be the next Malmsteen, then yeah, that's cheating. If you use this thing to make awesome and weird sounds, that's not cheating, it's just awesome.
Not cheating. Arpeggios like this are WAY different than sweep picking, string skipping, etc. Neither can do the sounds of the other, so why would it be cheating?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
It's just fun to play around with, that's all. I would never use it at a gig.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
omg hes playing so fast i cant see his fingers move! :P

Honestly this thing just looks/sounds like a toy to me.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Take a breath,
Lean back,
Close your eyes and stretch.
Open them.
Relaxed yet?

Now let's speak reason.
Please stop thinking guitar is a contest of skill.
It is a form of expression, just like any other instrument.

This pedal can be applied to many forms besides using the arpeggiations as sweep picking.
They can also be use in turn with other effect to cause interesting overtonal textures.
I would love to have one myself just for the purpose of being able to make feedback arpeggiate.
"I'm Herman Ri, and this is Enhancement Pedal!"
Oh, now I've gone and spilled my tea. This really won't do at all.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Take a breath,
Lean back,
Close your eyes and stretch.
Open them.
Relaxed yet?

Now let's speak reason.
Please stop thinking guitar is a contest of skill.
It is a form of expression, just like any other instrument.

This pedal can be applied to many forms besides using the arpeggiations as sweep picking.
They can also be use in turn with other effect to cause interesting overtonal textures.
I would love to have one myself just for the purpose of being able to make feedback arpeggiate.
YES.

Also: it isn't cheating. Arppegiators are accepted on keyboards and synthesizers, why not as a guitar effect. It might be "cheating" in metal, but in experimental/alternative music, I think it's brilliant.
I hate it, it sounds horrible (albeit 1 or 2 of them). I would never get anything like it...
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by ze monsta
YES.

Also: it isn't cheating. Arppegiators are accepted on keyboards and synthesizers, why not as a guitar effect. It might be "cheating" in metal, but in experimental/alternative music, I think it's brilliant.

I give it 3 more days till Omar Rodriguez Lopez has it on his board.
If you listen carefully, the man says "The Korg ax3000 processor is playing" not "I am playing guitar with the Korg processor". This doesn't count as playing guitar but playing a processor that you control with the guitar. Hope it makes sens.

edit: I'm talking about when the processor plays a bunch of notes that aren't played on the guitar not the effects.
Last edited by antoine2055 at Sep 12, 2009,
I wish I could play those arpeggios that fast in real life. Until then, and if I were to join Muse or Radiohead or something, I would buy that if I cared about making Mega-Man style synth arpeggios.

It's not "cheating" unless you tell everyone you can actually play those sweeps you recorded on that new album of yours....and even then it's not cheating it's just lying.
if anything should be considered cheating, it's the gain knob.

c'mon this is awesome. those effects would be wicked cool to experiment with in a song.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I give it 3 more days till Omar Rodriguez Lopez has it on his board.

Personally, I love it. I'd love to have one.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!