Im saving up for a new guitar and I've got a couple Schecters in mind, but I'm unsure what would go best with my Vypyr 75 watt. I like the way most all Schecters play/feel, so all i really need help with here is tonal advice if anyone knows the answers to the following I'd greatly appreciate the input.

First, Ive been looking at a Blackjack-ATX with the Duncan Blackout pickups, which are active. Overall, this is supposed to be a great guitar but I've heard that active pickups dont usually sound too great on solid state amps, so would it end up sounding ****ty through my Vypyr?

Second, I've been looking at the C-1 Artist series with Duncan JB and 59 pickups. Its not the sexiest looking guitar but it looks promising on the tonal aspect, would it be any of a better fit than the Blackjack?

Last, I can find C-1+ and used C-1 elites with the Duncan-Designed passive pups, I've played these before and found them pretty nice.

Now I can get all of these guitars for around the same price at the moment (I've been looking around), so my question to you is which one do you think would be the best fit for tone on a Peavey Vypyr?

thanks guys
Quote by altoidwithmelon
You dont lose your virginity, you voluntarily misplace it.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
You should bottle up all of your emotions till they become a problem that requires professional help.
It's good for the economy.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rabidpitweasels/
a vypyr doesnt sound like most solid state amps, it emulates tube amps, and due to the non digital distortion, ull have no problems with active, but tbh most people own solid state amps because tehy want trashy metal digital distortion, and actives such as emg's are also built for metal heads, so 9/10 an active p/u works best with a solid state if your after that sound, now if ur just after a good range of great tones, the amp does a lot more to affect this than your p/u but u should be fine with duncan blackouts, ive played blackouts through my vypyr 30s and it sounded great i was able to achaieve all my fav tones, i just had to dail down pre gain, because there alot higher output
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
alright thanks very helpful, so when i get the rest of the funds you'd recommend the ATX anyway over the others? because yes im just looking for the best and most versatile guitar
Quote by altoidwithmelon
You dont lose your virginity, you voluntarily misplace it.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
You should bottle up all of your emotions till they become a problem that requires professional help.
It's good for the economy.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rabidpitweasels/