Hey guys,

I'm currently busy working my 5 string sweeps, but I'm not sure what left hand fingers I need to use for this sweep pattern.

Mainly the 2 9's are bothering me, right now I use these fingers ;

7 : index
10 : pink
9 : ring
9 : pink
8 : middle
7 : index

is this really the best way to do it?

*edit* also kudos to the person that recognizes the song :p
Attachments:
sweep.JPG
Orange Enthousiast.
Last edited by TTC at Sep 12, 2009,
Both 9's should be done using your ring barred across both frets thats how it should be apart from that your right
Check out my YouTube Videos
http:
//www.youtube.com/user/callamanster
That could be the intro to Alaska by between the buried and me, but there are so many songs with that arpeggio that no one can know for sure. I find the best way to do that shape is to roll the ring finger, and make it play the 2 9's instead of the ring and pinky. Try it out, it works better for me that way.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Looks good but I'd hit the 9 with my ring finger by rolling it to the next string. It just helps keep your pinky finger available for other notes.
It's impossible to know what song it is as that is a really common shape. And as everyone said you should roll your finger over the two "9's".
Quote by EndTheRapture51

some dodgy girl tried to get off with me, I ran through the mosh pit to get away, she followed and got punched in the face
Roll the finger, it'll save you a headache. And fingerache. It's also a fairly common shape.
7 = pointer
10 = pinky
both 9's = ring
8 = middle
7= pointer

thats pretty easy to play too.
muse-ik gets the kudos for guessing the song, it's the first sweep of the intro of alaska :p

Anyway at the moment it's pretty hard for me to get that 2nd 9 clean , does my ring finger has to be perfectly horizontal with the frets or can it be a bit off?

Right now I hit the first 9 with the top of my finger, and the second one with the lower part near the first "conjoint" , but that makes the second 9 sometimes sound muted.

*edit* and do I have to do the same movement when I play this arpeggio from high back to low?
Orange Enthousiast.
Last edited by TTC at Sep 13, 2009,
Thats an Em arpeggio

7-index
10-pinky(hamerred)
both 9s with ring finger
8 - second
7 index
I do it like everyone above, rolling over both 9's.
But if you can't really bend your ringfinger, I guess you can use you ringfinger and then your pinky. or first your middle and then your ringfinger. Whatever feels most comfortable.
es zien of ik geband wordt door nederlandse schuttaal :p

tieten, klootzak, hoereeeeh!
Quote by AfroVic
Let's do it again sometime

Quote by Flipje
teringtyfustakketrut! (+1 for reference)