Well these days now that the record companies are closing and albums aren't selling a lot of bands are now changing to independent labels or using the internet in a DIY fashion to get their name out there. Do you think this means in the next 10 years a punk revival is almost sure to happen? This decade there has been so much **** (ex. 9/11, The fall of the music industry, the War in Iraq, the Recession, ect) so many people have **** on their minds they want to express to the world. Also with the fall of the mainstream music industry (if there will even be one at all in a couple years) aren't people gonna search the underground to find new music instead of finding it on mtv and the radio? I think there almost has to be a punk revival sometime soon. Tell me what you think. I know when I graduate High School I wanna start a hardcore band.
And when I graduate Jr. High I wanna start a disco band.

Argyle $treet.
Last edited by BR0KENHEARTED at Sep 12, 2009,
There's actually a movement from where I am trying to revive our old scene from about 10-12 years ago. There's been a slight surge of new music being played, which is pretty awesome.
what does any of that have to do with punk specifically

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
i think society is a little more angry since when punk was started... i think we are going to have a f*cking metal massacare in the next 10 years
Quote by SPBY

punk is traditionally very DIY and stuff like that... i think that's what TS's point was
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
would be cool

probably more post punk type music
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Quote by SPBY

A revival of music being played and promoted solely by the band and it's following.
yeh, post-punk more likely. and also, people are too fat to go looking for underground music for the most part. they NEED it to be given to them, so it will be need to break into the mainstream.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by SPBY

Think of the punk revival in the 90's. I think something even bigger than that is gonna come back soon. Soon they'll be fillin up clubs where punk was never really played before. Punk is very accessible with a lot of people because it dosn't really discriminate race, class, ect. It can attract a lot of the new generation who are all sick of the disney **** and whatever else is mainstream right now. There's a lot of **** going on now and people are gonna be like "**** that I ain't gonna take this **** no more".

And yeah punk has always been DIY but look how now it's even easier to start a punk band and get out there with inexpensive programs like Fruity Loops and Garage Band and people can put it up for anyone to see on myspace, facebook, youtube, ect.

Quote by Hereiwas
yeh, post-punk more likely. and also, people are too fat to go looking for underground music for the most part. they NEED it to be given to them, so it will be need to break into the mainstream.

Well even in the 90's punk became mainstream. There will always be people like Blink 182 and Green Day but look at all the underground punk bands of that decade.
Last edited by KileManA7X at Sep 12, 2009,
dont reckon you could recreate the first punk scene tbh. Punk was fantastic, but it died back in '82.

Any band trying to be like another clash or another buzzcocks or another pistols would fail. its not possible. There could well be some new type of music coming through, and quite possibly an angry one. But it won't be punk.

Also, Metal only apeals to a very small group of people in society so a metal massacre sounds unlikely...
Quote by aidan the perso
dont reckon you could recreate the first punk scene tbh. Punk was fantastic, but it died back in '82.

Any band trying to be like another clash or another buzzcocks or another pistols would fail. its not possible. There could well be some new type of music coming through, and quite possibly an angry one. But it won't be punk.

Also, Metal only apeals to a very small group of people in society so a metal massacre sounds unlikely...

No I won't compare this to the 80's that is dead and gone for good. Punk will evolve it won't sound the same. Punk dosn't have to sound a certain way there is no "this is punk and this is not" cuz people clash on that all the time
Quote by aidan the perso

I know a band that sounds somewhat like the Clash that has made an alright name for themselves in punk.
AWESOME! free hot topic rancid patches and $20 t-shirts! p0nx!!!!
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
actually rancid are pretty decent, I saw u2 recently and one of the suporting acts was glasvegas, and they were trying to be way to much like the clash (and failing).

but yeah, there still no clash, they havent got that raw anger.
Wow what is wrong with u guys this is the 21st century times have changed since 82. GET OVER IT! And actually read my original post
Quote by KileManA7X
Wow what is wrong with u guys this is the 21st century times have changed since 82. GET OVER IT! And actually read my original post

Exactly. Times have changed since '82. '82 had punk

Youv got your answer anyway, you cant recreate punk. Its dead. If there is an angry musical revoloution, it won't be punk it will be an entirely new form of music.
Quote by aidan the perso
Exactly. Times have changed since '82. '82 had punk

Youv got your answer anyway, you cant recreate punk. Its dead. If there is an angry musical revoloution, it won't be punk it will be an entirely new form of music.

I'm glad you see it our way.
Hardcore Crews are going to spring up and beatdown on the Brocore and Crabcore kids.
I imagine it is going to be a mix of punk-thrash / crossover
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Tits. Piss. Shit. Balls.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by lordofthefood1
Hardcore Crews are going to spring up and beatdown on the Brocore and Crabcore kids.
I imagine it is going to be a mix of punk-thrash / crossover

So basically every band is going to sound like municipal waste?
Quote by RockThe40oz
So basically every band is going to sound like municipal waste?

What do you mean by "every brand"?

I think that the next major "punk" scene will, but not "every band"
and bands will still have quirks to them and what not.

and not really exactly like municipal waste, perhaps taking different elements of trash
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
What do you mean by "every brand"?

I think that the next major "punk" scene will, but not "every band"
and bands will still have quirks to them and what not.

and not really exactly like municipal waste, perhaps taking different elements of trash

So every band will sound like Municipal Waste and Toxic Narcotic?