Hi I just uploaded my first recording, its 100% original. Please listen to it and give me some feedback. I feel like the song is kind of random and really not that great but like I said I would love to see what you guys(and girls) think, Thank You

Equipment used in recording
Schecter C-1FR
Boss DS-1 distortion pedal
and a crappy little amp

Originally I put this thread in the Music > Recordings & Riffs but it got locked and I was told to put it here, Thanks for the feedback on the old thread Splashed and cisco444
Last edited by bmxer193 at Sep 12, 2009,
You have some good ideas going there, it does flow, and it has a verse and chours. You do make alot of mistakes, but that'll change over time, plus I would use more gain, I know for a fact that the Ds-1 has alot more gain on tap than what you where using, all my songs are recorded using a Boss Ds-1, so if you listen to those, you'll see what it can do. I think I would make it longer and add a bridge or a breakdown after you play the chours for the second time, then end it with the chours. But good job, its a great idea, keep working on it.

Crit my idea so far?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21590249#post21590249
Quote by ethan_hanus
You have some good ideas going there, it does flow, and it has a verse and chours. You do make alot of mistakes, but that'll change over time, plus I would use more gain, I know for a fact that the Ds-1 has alot more gain on tap than what you where using, all my songs are recorded using a Boss Ds-1, so if you listen to those, you'll see what it can do. I think I would make it longer and add a bridge or a breakdown after you play the chours for the second time, then end it with the chours. But good job, its a great idea, keep working on it.

Crit my idea so far?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21590249#post21590249

I have the distortion turned knob as far as it will go, Thanks for the tips and ideas
Nice ideas, but it could be better. Definently don't like the sound, but that's a personal choice
guitar tone reminds me of kill em all kinda...can def see the metallica influences in the song...overall id say its alright
Quote by footballsean13
guitar tone reminds me of kill em all kinda...can def see the metallica influences in the song...overall id say its alright

ya, metllica is by far my favorite band
the weak tone is probably the way your recording you just need to look for a good spot to put the mic.but not too bad for your first try keep at it.

check out my stuff in my profile