Hi

I'm new to Acoustic Guitars, but I am an Intermediate/Advanced Electric Guitarist.

I want to get my first Acoustic Guitar, but I want something good.

What Acoustic Dreadnought style guitar would you recommend for £200-£250?

I will be playing most styles of Acoustc Guitar.

Thanks.
Quote by ch0
I once trapped my left testicle in a vice. I have no left testicle.
On the off chance you live anywhere near Luton, or are willing to buy online, I wholeheartedly recommend a Washburn wsj 125 (or something). Their 125 yr anniversary guitar. I bought one and love it, haven't even touched my electric since!
Not to everyones tastes, it is a bit flash, with the tree of life inlay, and albalone/mop everywhere, and it has a V neck profile which takes a bit of getting used to for some people.

Technically, it's a Southern Jumbo body style, but it seems damn near a dread to me. Actually, it anyone knows the difference, let me know!

They look and sound beautiful, and go for £250 at Coda Music.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by obeythepenguin
Not to mention, they outplay pretty much everything (at least in my experience), never mind the price. Seagull FTW

But they're £100 more than my budget (the cheapest one I've seen) is there anywhere I can get them cheaper?
Quote by ch0
I once trapped my left testicle in a vice. I have no left testicle.
Washburn or Yamaha. I've played a Washburn D10S (cutaway, not dreadnought) and it was amazing. But I think you can get them in dreadnought style too.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by falconthefirst
Washburn or Yamaha. I've played a Washburn D10S (cutaway, not dreadnought) and it was amazing. But I think you can get them in dreadnought style too.

Dreadnoughts can have cutaways.
The D10S is incredible. Washburns are great in this price range.
I've heard the lower end Ibanez acoustics aren't that good, to be honest. That said, I've never played one.

Yamaha's at that price range are good, but the washburn I suggested earlier blew me away. Actually, any Washburns at that price all seem to get some praise.

So, a yamaha, Washburn, Epi or a Seagull if you can afford it seems the way to go, judging by the responses here.
Go play a load, and see what you like.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Last edited by Joeval at Sep 15, 2009,
Quote by Joeval
I've heard the lower end Ibanez acoustics aren't that good, to be honest. That said, I've never played one.

Yamaha's at that price range are good, but the washburn I suggested earlier blew me away. Actually, any Washburns at that price all seem to get some praise.

So, a yamaha, Washburn, Epi or a Seagull if you can afford it seems the way to go, judging by the responses here.
Go play a load, and see what you like.

Ok thanks.
Last edited by familybucket at Sep 16, 2009,