so i have had this riff for awhile and i've never been totally satisfied with it until now. I want to know if you people like it because i still am having a hard time telling if it works.

c4c?
Attachments:
drums.gp5
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
It certainly has potential. Judging by the rest of your stuff, It could be pretty awesome, but personally I think the drum part you have down is holding it back.

The constant crash makes the whole thing drag, imo. I'm not suggesting you have too much cymbal going on, I just think you could be slightly more intricate and give the riff a real boost at the same time.

Its short though, so I'm sorry I don't have much to say other than the above

Oh on seconds thoughts, a second guitar part and some bass would also probably stop you getting that so-so feeling about the whole things. Perhaps. lol I dunno.

Just mess around with it, throw some odd ideas at it, see what happens.
thanks man, i am just having trouble getting it to groove. Lots of the things i write don't always groove naturally but i write them thinking of a simple drum beat. Like this was written to basically a 6/8 feel. The only measure i really know i want to keep is measure 3 because i like how the guitar and drums are off from each other and then come back together on the low open C, i think it makes it heavier that way ha.

cheers though ill work out some other drum stuff
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
I can't give you a crit properly.. but I'll provide you with some ideas for the drums, soon.
CLICK
Quote by synestershadows
Holy shit nemesis, that was depressing.
Mission accomplished!
im pretty set on the drum parts in measures 3 and at least the first half of 4 but the first two measures of the riff i just dont know what to do ha
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
Mind if I create a completely new drums track?
It might inspire you or something.
Or just take what you need then. ;D
CLICK
Quote by synestershadows
Mission accomplished!
This is quite the opposite of your track, I think.
Maybe it's of no use for you. ;D
But in case you take it as a constructive crit, can you crit back on my song "Dissolving Harmonies.." or at least take a look? (:
Attachments:
drums.gp5
CLICK
Quote by synestershadows
Mission accomplished!