hey guys n girls out there im in the market for a serious metal amp i need like 2 channels at least 3 would be better iv been looking into this for ages and still cant decide so i wanna see what everyone recons price is no problem and im big into metalcore as thts wat my band plays stuff like killswitch engage mixed with in flames so i just wanna know wat all your suggestions are for me to check out and if any of you have an amp tht might suit i do have an engl fireball for trade + cash if i need to go with the trade
What's your budget?
Can you go used?

Your ENGL Fireball should be able to do metalcore tones. Why are you trading it?
where are you located?
i can find some good craigslist deals for you.

and check my thread
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
since you're playing stuff from KsE and In Flames you should perhaps look into the amps those bands tend to use.

KsE= Peavey 5150/6505
Mesa Boogie Rectifiers
Soldano Slo-100
Framus Dragon or Cobra
Diezel VH4

In Flames= Peavey 6505+
ENGL Fireball is perfect.. I love mine, I do prog metal..
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
yea man it is freking sweet its just not got enough grunt iv got to stand up to a mad **** crazy drummer and a freking jsx whihc is twice the power lol
Quote by SWBS_DJ_GUITAR
yea man it is freking sweet its just not got enough grunt iv got to stand up to a mad **** crazy drummer and a freking jsx whihc is twice the power lol

wut.
feel free to add me
yea i have been looking into all that stuff especialy the framus cobra as it has a tone all of its own kinda organic n unique which the framus does very well iv been looking into a randall RM head so i can have wat ever sound i want but i find randall to be a bit generic i.e pantera style of music which i hate lol
COBRA.

It's not that your Fireball doesn't have enough "grunt," it's that the ENGL Ball series can't cut in a mix

What's your EQ anyway?
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by SWBS_DJ_GUITAR

doubling the wattage is only about a 1/4 or less volume increase, all that does is give you alot more headroom which if your asking for grunt you don't need
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by SWBS_DJ_GUITAR
yea i have been looking into all that stuff especialy the framus cobra as it has a tone all of its own kinda organic n unique which the framus does very well iv been looking into a randall RM head so i can have wat ever sound i want but i find randall to be a bit generic i.e pantera style of music which i hate lol

lolz.

the Randall RM100 has modules, you can sound different for every module you put in it.
there is also a Framus Cobra module built by Salvation Mods at the Czech Republic.

and where are you from?
Europe?
US?
Australia?
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
lolz.

the Randall RM100 has modules, you can sound different for every module you put in it.
there is also a Framus Cobra module built by Salvation Mods at the Czech Republic.

and where are you from?
Europe?
US?
Australia?

#

im in the UK i was looking at ur list of amps in ur thread freking love the kt88 lol
Quote by no.mop
COBRA.

It's not that your Fireball doesn't have enough "grunt," it's that the ENGL Ball series can't cut in a mix

What's your EQ anyway?

yea im starting to realise that haha i do love the amp just cant cut through and as for eq i pretty much run the bass n mid full on n treble about half way n the presence about 3/4
Quote by SWBS_DJ_GUITAR
#

im in the UK i was looking at ur list of amps in ur thread freking love the kt88 lol

the K88 is awesome

but since you are in the UK look at the Laboga Mr. Hector.
feel free to add me
Quote by SWBS_DJ_GUITAR
yea im starting to realise that haha i do love the amp just cant cut through and as for eq i pretty much run the bass n mid full on n treble about half way n the presence about 3/4

Crazy settings

Anyway, Cobras cut ridiculously. Just get it used and you'll get it MUCH cheaper than new.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
the K88 is awesome

but since you are in the UK look at the Laboga Mr. Hector.

Oh damn, I forgot about Laboga. DO IT!
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by no.mop
Crazy settings

Anyway, Cobras cut ridiculously. Just get it used and you'll get it MUCH cheaper than new.

used cobras are like 1600 and new ones are like 2500
feel free to add me
hey yea i know alot of people like the crank stuff but i just find it a bit thin n fizzy it does have enough meat on its bones for what i need lol

iv been looking into the baron custom amps and the laboga stuff n i must say i prefer the baron stuff so thanks to WTF for turning me onto his list where i found them much appriciated i think iv narrowed my amp list down but the baron stuff is winning atm i think
Quote by SWBS_DJ_GUITAR
hey yea i know alot of people like the crank stuff but i just find it a bit thin n fizzy it does have enough meat on its bones for what i need lol

iv been looking into the baron custom amps and the laboga stuff n i must say i prefer the baron stuff so thanks to WTF for turning me onto his list where i found them much appriciated i think iv narrowed my amp list down but the baron stuff is winning atm i think

go for baron dude.
the MII60(can also be a 100) or the MI60L i think is the amp for you.

but i think Dave(owner of Baron amps) doesn't ship outside the US... but try emailing him.
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Sep 13, 2009,