Im looking for a new guitar. I am the rhythm guitarist/singer in a rock band. We go about as hard as guns n roses, and we do some way softer clean stuff.

I already own a Hondo II strat copy and I love it. But i think I need something with humbuckers to thicken up our sound.

I'm looking for a guitar with humbuckers. I have about 350 U.S. dollars to spend new or used.

It has to be a dependable guitar straight from the factory. I plan to keep it stock for awhile.

so far i have these on my list

Epiphone 1966 SG-400
Schecter PT standard
and maybe some epi lp's or agile lp's

does anyone know of any guitars that are built well in this price range?
and I am a big fan of Telecasters.
oh ya, i play a peavey classic 30
I like this.
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
I think you are spot on with LP or SG types. Try the Epi '66. I'd hope it was way better than the normal ones which are very head heavy. '66 should have much lighter neck.
350 should get you close to an Agile AL3100 which I have great respect for. Gotta love Ebony fretboards.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lurcher
I think you are spot on with LP or SG types. Try the Epi '66. I'd hope it was way better than the normal ones which are very head heavy. '66 should have much lighter neck.
350 should get you close to an Agile AL3100 which I have great respect for. Gotta love Ebony fretboards.

ya, i was wondering about that. i had heard sg's were head heavy. What kinda problems does this cause?
and does anyone have an Epiphone LP's?
i here mixed reviews.
Im looking at mainly the Plain top LP
You could buy a Stratocaster of some sort, You can get MIM ones used for under $300. Good price if you ask me. Also, Try a Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Thinline. You may or may not like it, Personally I don't like solid bodied Teles much but the Thinline has a great tone. They don't come equipped with humbuckers from the factory though.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
i would say either a LP style guitar or maybe a semihollow. both will get a good sound for that GnR crunch, though i think a LP style guitar might do it a bit better. again the clean stuff will be fine with either, but a semihollow would do it better. i say it depends which sound you play more of and where you want to really excel.

i think you are on the right track with epi and agile LP style guitars. you might also be able to pick up a michael kelly patriot for under $350 used if you are lucky.

for the semi-hollow, epi dot and ibanez artcore are the ones to look at in that price range. was another brand i liked in that range, but dont remember what it was atm.