hey.
don't be confused with the time sigs.
they always dissolve into 4/4 or 6/4.. i think.
and it's not the final version, because some drum/bass parts suck.
but still it sounds good to me. but how will it to you?
and please, use RSE, if you can. it's just horrible as Midi.

crit 4 crit.

EDIT:
the file's there somewhere
l l
l l
l l
l l
\ /
\ /
\ /
V
CLICK
Quote by synestershadows
Holy shit nemesis, that was depressing.
Mission accomplished!
Last edited by Nemesis@Germany at Sep 14, 2009,
Yea sounds really nice! Where is the file?
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
oh. my mishap.
sorry.

and the "outro" leads into another song.
and when i thin about it.. it's not really avantgarde, just because of some dissonants.
Attachments:
Dissolving Harmonies...zip
CLICK
Quote by synestershadows
Mission accomplished!
Last edited by Nemesis@Germany at Sep 13, 2009,
Very, very awesome. The limitations of MIDI/RSE took away from the impact slightly, but a recorded version would be phenomenal, I can tell already. I would snap it up.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
By the way, I'm pretty sure everything from 62 onward is just 4/4. None of it really sounds like 6/4. You have two bars of 6/4 followed by one of 4/4 over and over again from bar 74 onward. If you'll notice, that's 16 beats. Instead of two bars of 6/4 and one of 4/4, it's really just four bars of 4/4, which is pretty standard. It even sounds like four bars of 4/4.

Edit - Yeah, after changing it all to 4/4 and using the bar arranger, it even makes more visual sense that way. It's definitely 4/4.

Edit 2 - For some reason the bar arranger messes with the drums. Dunno why.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Sep 15, 2009,
yep, you're right.
that's what was saying at the beginning:
"don't be confused with the time sigs.
they always dissolve into 4/4 or 6/4.."
I even didn't know about the bar arranger and I didn't bother to change it.
People will hear that it is 4/4 or 6/4, since those are very common.

And I'm looking for stuff to make recordings.. but all I could find until yet was a 'Singstar' microphone. xD
Recording the guitars directly doesn't provide the best sound either..
But it's better than nothing, I guess, haha.
CLICK
Quote by synestershadows
Mission accomplished!
Last edited by Nemesis@Germany at Sep 15, 2009,
oh man that brought a smile to me face, never heard of doom done this way but Im loving it. a recording of this would be really cool to hear
First off, the doom element I didn't like, but that's just me. In your song the slow tempo didn't bother me that much though. I loved the riff in bar 50. Everything between 64 and 72 was cool too. I love how you make the bass stand out, it's got a thing of it's own going on and I like that!

The riff that starts on bar 80 I really didn't like for some reason. The intro riff wasn't anything special either and was repeated too much for my liking...

Overall I dug it, but there were some flaws that kept me from loving it...

7.5/10

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1202307
Not a genre that I would normally listen to, BUT, I did quite like this piece.

All the riffs seemed decent to me. Sometimes the song seemed to drag on a bit, but I understand that 'Doom' is meant to be a bit like that, so I'll forgive you there.

14-18 really stood out to me. Not sure why, but I really liked that part.

The riff after that wasn't really my cup of tea.

The riff at 54 was pretty good, second favourite so far. 62-65 was very nice.

66 and so on just sounded like aload od muddy noise to me, sorry. The guitar solo type thing after, again, not my cup of tea. Nothing really wrong considering the genre though.

The riffs and such after that got a little boring, by now, I'm begining the lose interest in the song as a whole. That's just because of the genre and nature of the song though, it's nothing against your skills as a composer.

The acoustic fade in/outro bit was very nice, I enjoyed that alot. Brings the song to a decent end.

Overall, 6.5/10. Not my cup of tea atall, but there is some really good stuff in here!
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.