yeah its random but this is the only forum i belong to

i went round my mates and he was taking shots at a target with his BB gun the thing was really weak but it was great fun. It could barely shoot throught a leaf it was a little hand gun and the bullets dipped after about 10m. it was fun and i kinda want one now

although benig 13 my mum said i could have one on 2 conditions
A. it was legal
B. it was weak and wouldnt even hurt that much if i hit some1 with it.

is it legal and what sort of BB gun should i look for (all the names mean nothing to me for suming for backgarden use)
I'm pretty sure they're legal but don't shoot someone up close in the face, that's going to hurt.
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
Play paintball. It's like a BB gun except you aren't a total pussy.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Where do you live? As far as I know, B.B. Guns are same thing as airguns when it comes to legal issues. Some country have age requirements, some don't.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!
:L thakns guys but do u know the names of any basic back garden spring powered pellet shooters.

(i live in england is it legal here aswell?)
you have to be older than16 to buy one, but seeing as you're younger it is till legal if you don't buy it yourself, they will not harm anyone dependent on what bb you use, don't shoot anyone at point blank range as it can pierce the skin and that means a trip to hospital for the person
airsplat.com

just look for one with a low FPS (feet per second) rating

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
BB guns are legal in the UK. I think. I've got a mate whose got a semi automatic pistol thing. I swear to god it's lethal tho.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
In b4 "You'll shoot your eye out kid!"

Depending on where you live, it is legal to have a little airsoft BB gun if you are over 13 or so years old, and it has an orange tip.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
airsplat.com

hitguns.com

Not sure about legality issues in the UK, but both websites have some great deals
Quote by hendrix_128
because its hot when two girls have sex. when two guys have sex, its ****ing gay.
Airguns are legal in the UK so long as you are UKARA registered or 50% of the gun is painted a bright colour. It's illegal to carry one in public unless in a gun case, and the magazine has to be empty and not in the gun.
For the UK, check out Wolf Armouries
http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk
ohai little sig.
A BB gun is legal, and you won't hurt anyone if you don't shoot anyone. No real risk of killing or seriously injury. You could take an eye out if you shoot someone in the eye, but otherwise it would just hurt. If it's an airsoft gun (plastic BBs, low speed, meant for shooting each other in a game), then it won't even hurt that bad. If it is a real BB gun with metal BBs, it will hurt a lot.
Quote by Demonikk
Airguns are legal in the UK so long as you are UKARA registered or 50% of the gun is painted a bright colour. It's illegal to carry one in public unless in a gun case, and the magazine has to be empty and not in the gun.

My mates is completely illegal then. Just stick to a potato gun. Or build one.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
Do you mean B.B. as in tiny little plastic balls as ammo, or B.B. as in Pellets which are the little metal pellets.

B.B. guns would be legal everywhere, pellet guns, not so much.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Which gun is more durable? The one with springs or the one with gas? I was thinking about buying one the other day just to mess around. I'd get the cheapest one I could find.
Quote by huevomax
Which gun is more durable? The one with springs or the one with gas? I was thinking about buying one the other day just to mess around. I'd get the cheapest one I could find.

Springs are cheaper, more durable and more common. I have a few spring airsofts myself. Go for it.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Quote by bnull24
A BB gun is legal, and you won't hurt anyone if you don't shoot anyone. No real risk of killing or seriously injury. You could take an eye out if you shoot someone in the eye, but otherwise it would just hurt. If it's an airsoft gun (plastic BBs, low speed, meant for shooting each other in a game), then it won't even hurt that bad. If it is a real BB gun with metal BBs, it will hurt a lot.

thats exactly what i want made for games (although i would just use it for taget practice)

i read it has to be half luminous or half clear.
What you are describing is and airsoft gun. Plastic 6mm bbs.
An actual bb gun fires steel .177 bbs or some higher quality ones can do pellets.(conical steel or lead projectiles)

But your only 13, get a cap gun.
[HARLEY-DAVIDSON]

When the world slips you a Jerffrey...

Stroke the furry walls.
stroke the furry walls.
Quote by huevomax

I prefer gas by far, but springs are cheaper, more reliable and have little to no running costs. You could also try an AEG if you fancy an electric automatic, but that's more for SMGs and rifles
ohai little sig.
Quote by maidenfan15
Play paintball. It's like a BB gun except you aren't a total pussy.

both a waste of money
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by velocigecko
What you are describing is and airsoft gun. Plastic 6mm bbs.
An actual bb gun fires steel .177 bbs or some higher quality ones can do pellets.(conical steel or lead projectiles)

But your only 13, get a cap gun.

im allowed one at 13, as long as i dont buy it and yh i mean airsoft gun then, basicly just for random backgarden use
Quote by Tedis1111
im allowed one at 13, as long as i dont buy it and yh i mean airsoft gun then, basicly just for random backgarden use

Oh yeah, it's also considered an offence if any shots fired leave your property. No shooting over the fence
ohai little sig.
right thakns you guys for a great help

now my secound question of what should i get? what sort of power?
Quote by bass-man9712
both a waste of money

I know but paintball is the lesser of two evils.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
If you're thirteen getting like, a Daisy Red Rider or some other BB Gun'll be legal and you shouldn't have to worry. I got mine when I was 12.
Quote by Demonikk

I could have sworn restrictions were tightened further at some point. I have a friend who is quite heavily into airsoft and he was moaning a while ago about restrictions being tightened because airsoft guns can pass for real firearms at a glance. Then again, it might have been these restrictions he was moaping about.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
I could have sworn restrictions were tightened further at some point. I have a friend who is quite heavily into airsoft and he was moaning a while ago about restrictions being tightened because airsoft guns can pass for real firearms at a glance. Then again, it might have been these restrictions he was moaping about.

Those are the most recent I think. I haven't skirmished in a few years but I remember the maximum limit for any gun to be 385fps I think.
Google UK airsoft laws or summat I guess
ohai little sig.
Quote by IDread

that is because in britain you can own a bb gun that does not have a coloured tip and at a glance it looks like a real one, whilst in america it is a requirment that all bb guns have orange tips so they can be identified easily
If you mean bb as in metal bb's Daisy company makes good stuff.

If you mean bb as in airsoft, doesnt matter what you get, itll break in a week.

Current Gear
Schecter Stiletto Elite-5LH
Dean E09L
Line 6 LD15
Quote by britishsligean
that is because in britain you can own a bb gun that does not have a coloured tip and at a glance it looks like a real one, whilst in america it is a requirment that all bb guns have orange tips so they can be identified easily

That isn't my point. My point is that I thought they changed the requirements in the UK fairly recently to something similar to the US or maybe even more strict. I'm not sure though because my friends bitching is the only thing I have to go on.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by britishsligean

I always considered this to be a stupid laws. If I were a criminal and I had a gun I would just paint the tip purple and everyone would think it was a bb guns. Some laws aren't thought out enough.