What are some good Takamine acoustics that are UNDER $600?
Quote by JDbbx
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Quote by jetfuel495
UUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Takamine G Series EG363SC Fund: $400/$499
Sorry, but my budget is strictly under 600. Maybe even under 550. It doesn't have to be great, just better than good.
Quote by JDbbx

Quote by jetfuel495

I heard they had great mid-priced guitars. But if there are any better brands please state them.
Quote by JDbbx

Quote by jetfuel495

I wouldn't consider $600 mid-priced.

Seagull makes EXCELLENT budget guitars. The Yamaha FG730S is also pretty nice.
Quote by BadAssMoma
I heard they had great mid-priced guitars. But if there are any better brands please state them.

Takamines are fantastic guitars for the price. Do you need electronics? If not there are some other options for you to explore other than Takamine. However, for under $600, I wouldn't want anything but a Tak for an A/E because of how good the electronics are.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Electronics aren't necessary.
But I have a few questions.
If I want a Takamine what model is the best for its price?
And if i don't want electronics, what brand should I start looking at?
Quote by JDbbx

Quote by jetfuel495

well 99 percent of the time you will get a better guitar for the same price if it does not have electronics so if you can find a pure acoustic you will probably be better off....dont pigeonhole yourself to just takamine ... you can get a VERY nice guitar for 600 bucks from a number of brands.... dont rule out yamaha, washburn, alvarez, maybe a used guild, .... anything.... go to musiciansfriend.com and go to acoustics.. then 300-500 ... then 500-750 and read reviews.. find something you like... then do more research.... just dont close your mind my friend.
I'd check out Seagull and Alvarez for sure, but for under $600 I think the best guitars available are Epiphone Masterbilt. Great quality, great sound (not my particular taste, but still good), and all solid wood.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I checked those guitars out. I know I should of said this before but Im looking for a guitar with a cut-away body too.
Quote by JDbbx

Quote by jetfuel495

Ah....well that severely limits your choices in this range then. If you don't mind having electronics though, I played a Takamine EG363SC recently. Sounded pretty good, felt great like Taks always do, and looks fantastic. Good thing about getting a Takamine A/E really is that if you come up on a situation where you will need to plug in it'll sound great.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Ah....well that severely limits your choices in this range then. If you don't mind having electronics though, I played a Takamine EG363SC recently. Sounded pretty good, felt great like Taks always do, and looks fantastic. Good thing about getting a Takamine A/E really is that if you come up on a situation where you will need to plug in it'll sound great.

Ok I might get the EG363SC. But how good or bad does it sound without being plugged in?
Quote by JDbbx

Quote by jetfuel495

I play my takamine eg523 daily and it is not really ever plugged it. Sounds great, it's a loud dreadnought kind of bassy tones.
Quote by BadAssMoma
Ok I might get the EG363SC. But how good or bad does it sound without being plugged in?

Didn't get to play it plugged in. GC didn't have a battery in the electonics

It sounded pretty good unplugged for what it is. Felt like the tone was less "free" than the Seagull S6 and Epiphone Masterbilt I played it against, but neither had electronics and were close to being comparable price (S6-$390, A/E is over $500. Epi Masterbilt- $550 w/o electronics). So as far as value goes, I'd say the Tak was good for its sound and especially looks.

I'd really go try some out though. I was dead set on getting an Epiphone Masterbilt until I played one against a Seagull.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Yeah, Taks are very beautiful guitars. Im probably going to test it out first and see if I like it. Thanks
Quote by JDbbx

Quote by jetfuel495