Yeah, so I'm having a bit of trouble with this song, I have the idea I want for it already down, but I'm having a bit of writers block with makeing it more original than what I got so far. 140 BPM is really hard to make up stuff for, and I'm not able to play lead at 140 BPM, not that fast yet.

I need some help with this, I need reccomendations on how to change it up and what kind of lead I should do, cause I cant think of anything at the moment. The drum track cant change, I know it sucks, but I cant change it.

Plus, how does it sound so far? To muddy, to fast, to boring?

I will C4C if you request it.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/ethan_hanus/music/all/play699905
Just a bit muddy.

Make a lead in diminished or harmonic minor.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

It's between you, user_nameless, me, and my split personality
I like kittens
SHUT UP NO ONE ASKED YOU!

Proud member of the UG Shred Mafia. P.M. godofshred to join.

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

PAROXYSM.
I think its a little to muddy. I really love the part from 0:44 to about 0:58 its just a little to choppy for my ears though, If you smoothed it out just a little It would be great. Other than those things its really good, its heavy, low, and pretty fast good work!
i like it...its got a unique sound id say which is great...better then most of the genric sounding riffs out there...im liking the part around 1 minute...pretty baisc but id say its pretty sick...you should try addin some vocals
Thanks guys, I dont know what it means to play in a dimished or harmonic minor, but I do know the song is in some sort of minor key. I just looked at my pedal, and its got a low battire, so thats prolly why its so muddy, I'll get that changed out and rerecord the song later on. I kinda stole 4 notes from the main riff from Chevelles Family system, but I changed the riff completly put it in a lower tuning, and made it 10 times faster. lol. I hope thats not musical plagurism.
This would be pretty cool background music for something like a video game intro or whatnot.

For me it was a mix of really muddy and really choppy. Sometimes it just sounded mushed together and then, maybe, you over-corrected. Cool song - I don't think the drums are too shabby anyways.
I wasn't sure if that sort of constant fading in and out effect on the guitar was intentional or caused by something else but it actually worked really well!

I think for an instrumental just on it's own it needed a bit more variation in there. What I mean is, for example, when a riff/section comes back later in the song make it slightly different than the last time. This could even mean changing the drum beat a bit, making it more relaxed or more intense sounding. Or maybe throw a few palm mutes in to chop it up a bit.

Are you in a band or something? I really feel with vocals this would make a great song.
you don't have to have play your solo to the tempo of the song. maybe a few string noises feedback bend a few long notes harmonics dive bomb if you can. try to build atmosphere up with your guitar and by all means throw a few quick runs in. all i'm saying is you solo can work slow or fast. i think. lol
i don't think i've been much help. othere than the odd mashing sound coming through, it sounded pretty good.
Quote by Daveynator
I wasn't sure if that sort of constant fading in and out effect on the guitar was intentional or caused by something else but it actually worked really well!

I think for an instrumental just on it's own it needed a bit more variation in there. What I mean is, for example, when a riff/section comes back later in the song make it slightly different than the last time. This could even mean changing the drum beat a bit, making it more relaxed or more intense sounding. Or maybe throw a few palm mutes in to chop it up a bit.

Are you in a band or something? I really feel with vocals this would make a great song.

Lol, not it was intentional, when you hit the the b and sometimes e string while struming a bar chord with lots of distortion it will give a slight in and out effect.

No, I'm not in a band, well, I was in my church band for a time.

I cant really change the drum beat because its a pre recorded track. I dont have drum software so I have to use tracks.

But thanks for the feedback guys, I think on the second verse 2 I'm going to change it up a bit, then try to make a heavy outro. I'll see what I can do with divebombs, I dont have my tremlo set up for Drop A#, its still set up for .10 standard tuning. But I'll work on that today.
At least your doing something different, it sounded like the guitar cut out when you stopped a little bit, but it sounds great. The part at like 50 seconds reminds me of Dream Theater. I think the wavey guitar sound could go and it would sound great mate. C4C?

http://www.purevolume.com/Remnants11475 (50 Second Test)
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Bass Master 200 Watt bass amp
Listening now... Pretty repetitive riff.... What's going on with the guitars? It sounds as if there is buffering problems and it keeps going in and out. Not a fan.

A crit? It's pretty boring. Not gonna lie. Same riff, same drum pattern then ENTIRE song....Throw in a bridge somewhere and maybe mix up the rhythm here or there. I know you said you can't change the drum track, but try. I basically heard the same thing for 3 minutes. It's pretty muddy. Like I said, not sure what's goin on w/the guitar sound :/.

The chord progression sounds good, just needs some work done to it. Not a bad idea to work off of though. I kinda hear a little rage influence somewhere in there.

crit? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1200021
Quote by Guitar_Master92
At least your doing something different, it sounded like the guitar cut out when you stopped a little bit, but it sounds great. The part at like 50 seconds reminds me of Dream Theater. I think the wavey guitar sound could go and it would sound great mate. C4C?

http://www.purevolume.com/Remnants11475 (50 Second Test)

Thanks, Its just an idea, I dont know if I'll try to finish it because the drum track is repetitive, and its pertty simple, I dont think I'm ready to play at a 140 BPM. And I guess my recoding equipment is not good enough to keep it from mudding up.

But I listened to your song and it sounds pertty cool, reminded me of a AC/DC kinda riff in minor key. I would be interested to see where you take it.
Hi Ethan,

I'm new here so yours is the first song I've listened to. Very good job overall!

You are asking for suggestions to help you out of the writers block. I would suggest that you change the tempo (and possibly the key) for a section of the song where you could put a solo in. This would allow the listener a chance to anticipate the return to the blistering metal rif***e. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Great job!
I'll be sober tomorrow but you'll still be ugly.
~WC Fields