My Rogue AB 304 has this really clanky mettalic sound whenever I play through my churches amp, and it's even worse when I play through the system. Is this normal due to it being acoustic electric, or am I doing something wrong. I bought the bass as a practice guitar at home for late nights or jam sessions, so It's not that big of a problem, but I would like to use my own bass on stage.
I havn't changed this thing in a year.

I LOVE GIANT YELLOW TEXT!
I would check these two things:

1) Make sure your plucking hand technique is good. It's an acoustic so you might be really digging in when your unplugged, so you can hear yourself, and now you might be doing it when you plugged in.

2) Raise the action.
^ That. It's probably the action. However, the amp or electronics in the bass may be bad and somehow causing that.
The action is usually the problem here. Acoustic basses need to be set up with relatively high action compared to a normal bass.

Also, this won't help the clack, but playing closer to the neck will give a much warmer tone...it can help a lot if you're having tone problems.
Nope, no sig here.
How does one raise the action on an acoustic bass?
I havn't changed this thing in a year.

I LOVE GIANT YELLOW TEXT!
In addition to the above suggestions regarding clack, you can try backing off on your mids. Piezos can be a bit noisy and I found the mids adjustment helps. Also, you can squelch a lot of noise by using tapewound strings (assuming you're running the stock bronze strings).

String height adjustment can be as simple as a 1/4 turn of the truss rod, or more involved to include saddle/nut shaving or replacement. If you're not comfortable doing this work, best to take it to a luthier who works on acoustic guitars.
^ What he said

A simple truss rod adjustment should be all you need, though.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
^ What he said

A simple truss rod adjustment should be all you need, though.

The truss rod is NOT a magic action wand. The truss rods soul purpose is reducing bend in the neck. Action is adjusted at the saddles
Quote by tubatom868686
The truss rod is NOT a magic action wand. The truss rods soul purpose is reducing bend in the neck. Action is adjusted at the saddles

Read the thread, man...it's an acoustic. It's very common to use the truss rod for slight height adjustents on instruments with fixed saddles. Drastic changes will be made by modifying the bridge, yes, but small ones generally aren't unless it's absolutely necessary.
Nope, no sig here.