Hello everyone. I've been trying to practice sweeping 7ths but I'm having some problems with the patterns.

Can somebody tell me how they would fret this sweep? This is an Amaj7th

--------------------------------------12--16--17--12---17---16------------------------
----------------------------------14--------------------------------14---------------------
------------------------13--14-----------------------------------------14--13------------
-------------------14------------------------------------------------------------14--------
------12----16---------------------------------------------------------------------16----12
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm having trouble with hammer on, on the G string.
--------------------------------------12--16--17--12---17---16------------------------
----------------------------------14--------------------------------14---------------------
------------------------13--14-----------------------------------------14--13------------
-------------------14------------------------------------------------------------14--------
------12----16---------------------------------------------------------------------16----12
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------1-----4----2----1----2----2---1---4-s-4---1-----4-s--4--2--2---1--2--4-----1

That's how I imagine I'd play it, with the fingers numbered from index (1) to pinky (4). The "s" is slide.

I don't actually have a guitar with me right now though, so I can't say for sure
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Last edited by no.mop at Sep 12, 2009,
I personally find it easiest to do the hammer on with 1st and 2nd finger, then for the 14th on the B, roll your 2nd finger down on it. Then the same going back up, 2nd finger on the 14th fret on the B, then roll your finger up on the 14th and pull off.

I hope this helps you
You could try tapping the highest pitch A in there. Then index for the 12th frets, middle for 13ths, ring for 14ths and pinky for 16ths.

-------1-----4----3----2----3----3---1---4-t-----1-----t-----4--3--3---1--2--3--4---1

t- tap
Quote by RiseAgainstScum
You could try tapping the highest pitch A in there. Then index for the 12th frets, middle for 13ths, ring for 14ths and pinky for 16ths.

That's exactly how I've been trying to practice it. That's what feels the most natural. But I still keep having trouble getting the hammer on the g string to sound cleanly (both ascending and descending).

Thanks for the help everyone.

Is this an issue I can fix by slowing it down with a metronome? Any other tips?
Quote by yearzero
That's exactly how I've been trying to practice it. That's what feels the most natural. But I still keep having trouble getting the hammer on the g string to sound cleanly (both ascending and descending).

Thanks for the help everyone.

Is this an issue I can fix by slowing it down with a metronome? Any other tips?

Yes. Practice it slowly and build up speed GRADUALLY.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera