Does anyone know if the EC-1000 neck to body angle is straight or slanted a few degrees like Gibson Les Pauls? I need a guitar with even string height throughout the fretboard so it is easier to shred on higher registers. Thanks.
Gear:
-Peavey VTM 120
-Godin Lg (Dimarzio Evo2 and Air Norton)
-Fender MIM Strat with hotrails
-Custom Tele
-Dean Hardtail USA
-Dean 79 USA
hey there i own 2 ec-1000 one with emg's and one with seymour duncans, i am not 100% sure but to me it seems that the neck angle is pretty well straight all the way down, i can rip from one end to the other, and it does not seem to deviate much at all, both i have never got set up, but yah i can't play a les paul like i play these babies, much easier and smoother and my hands bind less at the high scale of the neck, hope this helps you out a bit.
Quote by hbs33369
hey there i own 2 ec-1000 one with emg's and one with seymour duncans, i am not 100% sure but to me it seems that the neck angle is pretty well straight all the way down, i can rip from one end to the other, and it does not seem to deviate much at all, both i have never got set up, but yah i can't play a les paul like i play these babies, much easier and smoother and my hands bind less at the high scale of the neck, hope this helps you out a bit.

Where the neck connects to the body is it straight - or does it change a few degrees in angle?
Gear:
-Peavey VTM 120
-Custom Tele
-Dean Hardtail USA
-Dean 79 USA
On guitars where the neck is angled off the body the strings still follow the neck...
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by bean-o
On guitars where the neck is angled off the body the strings still follow the neck...

Which means there is a higher action at the higher registers - a pain if you're into playing shred.
Gear:
-Peavey VTM 120
-Custom Tele
-Dean Hardtail USA
-Dean 79 USA
Quote by Mur
Which means there is a higher action at the higher registers - a pain if you're into playing shred.

No, it stays even, it's usually to compensate for a non-recessed TOM bridge.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by Mur

No, the reason the neck angle is there, is to stop that from happening. The TOM bridge raises the strings up so the neck bends back to keep the height consistent.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by sw1ss023
No, it stays even, it's usually to compensate for a non-recessed TOM bridge.

Correctamundo, my Eclipse has a slight neck angle so I would assume the EC-1000 also has it.