So, most have you have probably seen all the posts on Kurt Cobain being in Guitar Hero, along with other dead musicians such as Johnny Cash and Jimi Hendrix....so my question is, which dead musician will they package and mass produce for the next crappy game?

I'm praying they won't touch Dimebag Darrell...

(I think i died a little inside when i saw my sister using jimi hendrix, playing a paramore song....ugh...)
I'm back. Cower in fear, mortals.

Claudio Sanchez is my hero.
I'm praying they WILL touch Dimebag Darrel.......

I mean, he'd be a pretty cool character to play as, yes?
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Quote by Kosh H
(I think i died a little inside when i saw my sister using jimi hendrix, playing a paramore song....ugh...)

Quote by __Pent__

I know...It'll be alright...it's not real...

If they do use Dime it won't matter much to me really. His name has been raped for money so much by now that there probably isn't much they can squeeze out of it at this point.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by leftyace
If they do use Dime it won't matter much to me really. His name has been raped for money so much by now that there probably isn't much they can squeeze out of it at this point.

Hahaha true...I wonder who does that...*Cough DEAN Cough*

Also, the problem is the video game is mass marketed to kids who don't know what music is, so they think that Haley Williams is the greatest musician ever, and don't even know who Hendrix is.

they better not make a game devoted to the Beatles!

oh wait...
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Quote by Bizarro
It doesn't matter as its just a video game?

+1000

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!
My first thought was Dime, maybe Randy Rhoads as well (who enters the stage by plane, of course)
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
They already sort of used Dime in one. There was an alternate costume for a character that looked exactly like him.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by ESPLTDV401DX
They better not use Chuck Schuldiner

Won't happen. He's not common knowledge amongst kids/most-or-more-likely-all youth.

Won't market well, so it wouldn't sell well, so it won't be made.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Kosh H
Hahaha true...I wonder who does that...*Cough DEAN Cough*

Also, the problem is the video game is mass marketed to kids who don't know what music is, so they think that Haley Williams is the greatest musician ever, and don't even know who Hendrix is.

Exactly. Even if Dime were to make an appearance how many 10 year old GH addicts would understand who he is?

"Im gona play wit Dimez cuz i hear hes teh guiter playr for Pantare or somethin and theyre relly gud"
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by Century
they better not make a game devoted to the Beatles!

oh wait...

Quote by Kosh H
I'm praying they won't touch Dimebag Darrell...
They already did man.

Quote by Guitar Hero Page
His alternate outfit is a tribute to the late Pantera guitarist Dimebag Darrell. Axel wears a black vest, camo shorts and black and white sneakers. He also sports a long goatee with a red tip, just like Dimebag's.
I couldn't find a picture to show you it, but it really does look a lot like Dimebag. However, it is in tribute rather than monetary exploitation as they didn't use his name in the game (unlike Slash's and Tom's).

Therefore I don't really mind.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Sep 12, 2009,
I don't understand why people give a rats ass if someone's likeness is in a videogame. Lighten up, geez.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by leftyace
Exactly. Even if Dime were to make an appearance how many 10 year old GH addicts would understand who he is?

"Im gona play wit Dimez cuz i hear hes teh guiter playr for Pantare or somethin and theyre relly gud"

Probably none...unless they did GUITAR HERO PANTERA!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope not the one from the clash (i can't remeber his name right now ) that would be a serious offense
Guitar Hero Johnny Cash would be 3 things
1) Easier than The Beatles Rockband
2) The worst selling Guitar Hero
3) The best Guitar Hero ever, The Beatles Rockband will still be better though.
Quote by Pat_s1t
They already did man.

I couldn't find a picture to show you it, but it really does look a lot like Dimebag. However, it is in tribute rather than monetary exploitation as they didn't use his name in the game (unlike Slash's and Tom's).

Therefore I don't really mind.

Oh i remember...yeah, that's not as bad as parading him around for all the little kids...Unless the song you get to play is ****ing Hostile...

Quote by Kosh H

They know hendrix as that guy on the target or walmart shirt that everyone in the world has. You ask half the people and they probably couldn't name even one of his songs much less more than one. It's just that thing that is making people ignorant about music.
Quote by cody 0893
They know hendrix as that guy on the target or walmart shirt that everyone in the world has. You ask half the people and they probably couldn't name even one of his songs much less more than one. It's just that thing that is making people ignorant about music.
The same thing with the DSOTM prism. Or even the poster with the Floyd albums all painted on the naked girls by the pool. How many people that have either of those two things know they came from a 70's band?
Quote by cody 0893

EXACTLY. it's ridiculous...like those Che Guevara shirts...half the people who buy them think it's making a statement that there a 'rebel'...but the idiots probably though he was from China.

Quote by whysky
hope not the one from the clash (i can't remeber his name right now ) that would be a serious offense

Joe Strummer?
I can't see that happening to be honest. The Clash are decently famous but I don't think the individual members are well known enough
Quote by exect4500
I think they learned their lesson from the uproar the cobain thing stirred up.

Hopefully...or they'll make Guitar Hero 6: "Let's Rape the Names of Some Fine Dead Musicians" also known as GH6:LRtNoSFDM

Quote by Perfection 101
My first thought was Dime, maybe Randy Rhoads as well (who enters the stage by plane, of course)

aww, man, weak. made me chuckle, but now i feel awful.
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by Kosh H
Hopefully...or they'll make Guitar Hero 6: "Let's Rape the Names of Some Fine Dead Musicians" also known as GH6:LRtNoSFDM

yay sounds like fun
Quote by cody 0893
yay sounds like fun

I kinda wanna sig that but i don't wanna sig myself...

Quote by chaoticfables
They should just make Claudio Sanchez a playable character.

Or get any guitarist that does crabcore moves.

That would actually be awesome.

Quote by Kosh H
EXACTLY. it's ridiculous...like those Che Guevara shirts...half the people who buy them think it's making a statement that there a 'rebel'...but the idiots probably though he was from China.

It's even funnier because he was anti-capitalist.
Quote by Seaneh
It's even funnier because he was anti-capitalist.

I know! That's the great thing...
Attachments:
Revolutionaries.jpg