Basically I'm looking for something cheap for bedroom play and was thinking I might buy the Spider III 15 since It's about $60-$70 on ebay. Is this a good idea? I play Thrash, Metalcore, and Melodic Death Metal.

I really don't want to spend more than $80 because I'm saving for Bagpipes and guitar is just a hobby.
I would check out a Peavey Vypyr instead.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by sw1ss023
I would check out a Peavey Vypyr instead.

this, they have much better distortion
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
If you're just playing guitar as a side project or w/e then the Spider III will probably be fine. It's tones are very "digital" sounding, but that shouldn't really bother you too much unless you really get into it and develop an ear for tone.
Quote by bagpipemetal
I'm saving for Bagpipes and guitar is just a hobby.

Anyway, normally the Line 6 Spider is overpriced but if you can find a used one for half the price then it's not a terrible buy.
Thanks for the help! One of my friends has the Vypyr 30 and I'll think I'll probably go with the 15.
You can also look on ebay for a used crate v5, they were a discontinued, but really nice sounding set of amplifiers (called the v series) that are all tube, but very cheap.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
The Vypyr is definitely your best option. My friend has a Vypyr 15 and the high gain sounds are pretty impressive for such a cheap amp. And the effects are fun.
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.