hi, i wanna play any korn song. lol

i wanna know how to tune a 6 stringer to make it sound like a 7 stringer in a tuning

also what tuning is shoots and ladder in?
Get a 7 string set and use the high E as a clothesline. Truss rod might need adjusting too.
or just get a seven stringed guitar...
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
for korn, drop A flat i think
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
ya the problem is i dont have a 7 string or know anyone that has a 7 string or can go anywere that has a 7 string especially at almost 11 o clock at night.
you're gonna wanna buy really thick gagued strings then tune to drop A or whatever they tune to...your high e string is gonna turn into a b string though but I don't think Korn does much for solos anyway
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
find out what the tuning is and throw away the top string...

is this rocket science?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by meet.ur.mak.er
i just wanna know how many steps im gonna have to drop my string ok

5 semitones for B standard, but I believe Korn uses A, so 7 semitones. Prepare for super wobbly strings.
Quote by pwrmax
5 semitones for B standard, but I believe Korn uses A, so 7 semitones. Prepare for super wobbly strings.

Indeed...this is why I suggested really thick gagued strings...Even with .54s on my Les Paul, drop A was super floppy...Try to go thicker than that.
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
i was in a standard with .010's. it was fine.
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Korn tunes to standard A. Hit your A string and tune your low E down to match it, then just do the standard tuning from there.

*Some* Korn songs can be played on a 6 string tuned down, but there are some that will need to be transposed to sound correct.

If you want to go the complete 7 string route on a 6 string and omit the high string, tune the B (2nd) string to the G's 5th fret, and tune the high E to the B's 4th fret.
If you aren't worried about total authenticity, you could try using power chord inversions. This should explain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djq1T42JXuw

It won't sound as deep and heavy, but it is far easier than buying new strings/changing your guitars setup, and you've learned a cool new technique
Last edited by SilentHeaven109 at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by Dempsey68
or just get a seven stringed guitar...

Oh sure, get an entire 7-string guitar for one song. Very clever, dude.