Page 1 of 2
... Now what?

I bought somedried shrimp that you put in water, but it isnt eating . Hes about1.5 inches long and very active. Any advice on what to do for it. Again I found him, in the road, and i felt bad so I took him in. I know that they like sand, rocks, and water; but I'm primarily worried about his food. What should I feed him and what are good ways to care for him?
I'm thinking this is a situation that deserves a "Pics or didn't happen".
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Last edited by PhillyHendrix at Sep 12, 2009,
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Last edited by barden1069 at Sep 12, 2009,
Quote by PhillyHendrix
I'm thinking this a situation that deserves a "Pics or didn't happen".

I would, but I dont have a camera and my phone can't send pics. He's awesome though.
try some chicken hearts, I know this from school

The turtles stay underwater like 95% of the time
Train him into a vicious killing machine.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by ☼Blink☼
Pics or it didn't etc etc etc

I'm very interested if this isn't total BS.

well he didn't register today so that's a start... but, he did register yesterday... hard to tell

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
I found one once. I fed it turtle food. Seriously.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
I love how the people who make this threads never have cameras.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by due 07
Name him Squirtle, and please post pics.

This. This, otherwise I can guarantee that your turtle will die.

>_>
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

Give him some water to sit in. Somewhere he can be fully submerged and somewhere only slightly, and then somewhere where it can be out of the water.
I'm legit on this. Me and my buddy were walking down the street, going to McDounalds. I looked at this weird dark circle in the ground and almost crushed him. I picked him up and took him back to the house. He was scared at first, but now that I am at my house he is very active.

I am looking for my camera as I write all this down, should have some pics of him up soon.

The little guy is important to me right now, I've had a rough week and I am trying to find something worthwhile to keep me occupied. Any advice on what foods they like would be awesome.
Last edited by m3tal_R3dn3ck at Sep 12, 2009,
Gut him and make yourself a fancy ashtray
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
were you anywhere near a lake? i go to a lake in the summer. and a lot of the times. turtles cross the road to lay their eggs. maybe he was just trying to get to the lake?
so you should probably let him go if you ever want him to learn to survive on his own.

if not..
get lots of rocks and seaweed. a deep tank. and a rock and a heating lamp because turtles like to sun bathe. you could get him turtle food pellets?? but id probably stick to feeding him minnows right now.
Quote by DempseyPunk

Or some old school plectrums.
Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
Quote by sw1ss023
Or some old school plectrums.

i like the way you think
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by DempseyPunk
i like the way you think

Your sig gave me a boner
Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
You don't have a cable you can use to connect your phone to your computer?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by icesk8erqueen8
were you anywhere near a lake? i go to a lake in the summer. and a lot of the times. turtles cross the road to lay their eggs. maybe he was just trying to get to the lake?
so you should probably let him go if you ever want him to learn to survive on his own.

if not..
get lots of rocks and seaweed. a deep tank. and a rock and a heating lamp because turtles like to sun bathe. you could get him turtle food pellets?? but id probably stick to feeding him minnows right now.

No where near a lake, a stream yes, but the only way that he could have possibly gotten to the location he was is if he walked for like an hour or so. the stream has concrete walls going down most of it. very unusual location for him to be in.

I was also told that he was born very late in the season and is too small to survive. I'm not sure on the truth to this, but hes too awesome to let go.
Quote by DempseyPunk

You are a sadist.
Quote by m3tal_R3dn3ck
No where near a lake, a stream yes, but the only way that he could have possibly gotten to the location he was is if he walked for like an hour or so. the stream has concrete walls going down most of it. very unusual location for him to be in.

I was also told that he was born very late in the season and is too small to survive. I'm not sure on the truth to this, but hes too awesome to let go.

yeah thats true. most turtles are usually born from like may-july =/ well good luck!
Quote by due 07
You are a sadist.

No, i just like to smoke. Also, i have a grudge with those ninja turtles. Those mofos killed my father.
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
you must crush it
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
from wiki
Snapping turtles are omnivores, consuming both plant and animal matter, and are important aquatic scavengers; but they are also active hunters that prey on anything they can swallow, including many invertebrates, fish, frogs, reptiles (including snakes and smaller turtles), unwary birds and small mammals.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
i once found a small snapping turtle in a pond (about 6 inches long). I didn't realize it was a snapping turtle until it tried to eat me. It reached its neck all the way over its shell to where i was holding it and bit me.

but yeah go to a pet store. they'll have something there. also turtles are great for giving you salmonella. Not to poop on your parade or anything. go ahead and keep him, But just don't get reptile diseases.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
I'm traumatized about turtles because of what they did to one in Cannibal Holocaust...

Oh, and go to a pet store. They should have/know what you need to know about taking care of him.
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.
ahaaaa me and my friends caught this HUGE. snapping turtle one time. it was chillin under my friends paddle boat. i have pics on my ther computer. i should post them. but the beast was like. bigger than my 75 watt amp..
Honestly, how damn hard is it to look up turtle care on Google?

THIS IS A GUITAR WEBSITE. THERE ARE TONS OF WEBSITES DEDICATED TO THE CARE OF PETS.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by hide_the_beer
"The sun is a cube, not a sphere."

"The sun is a cube, not a sphere."

crazy?

Quote by hide_the_beer
Aw man. Out of context! People are going to think I'm crazy.

"The sun is a sphere, not a cube."

"The sun is a sphere, not a cube."

nope
Quote by sporkman7
This, and then attach 2 waterguns to his back.
Then, if anyone ever gives you any trouble, just whip him out and yell "HYDROPUMP!"

That would be Blastoise.

#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

Well, you probably should have left it alone. I know this guy that picks up animals he finds and they all die soon, but he never learns. He's had a snapping turtle as well as fish, a snake, a cat, a rabbit, a guinea pig, a raccoon, and probably more I don't know about. But if you actually take care of it, it might live, good luck
Perhaps someone at a pet store or a vet could tell you what to do.
Page 1 of 2