Its kinda a technical problem with my computer - im sure it can support half life 2, but the thing is, there are instances in the game where it lags for awhile and whenever i use any of the a-z keys on my keyboard it will make an awful bugging noise and lag madly. it sounds like teeeeeeeeeet. like a type error sound i think.

any1 knows why it happens? it doesnt seem to happen with other full screen games, only hl2. yeah i know its kinda an old game, im replayin (:
Quote by ep1kz

i've yet to see somebody overthink something as incredibly as you just have

well i'm pretty sure that the beeping sound that you're getting is cause of the keyboard (if you press down a combinations of buttons that your keyboard will not allow it makes that sound, at least it does for me)

otherwise, idk
Check your computer's temperature while playing HL2.

This problem basically happened with me, and I realized my computer got WAY to hot when playing certain games, and that causes spurts of hardcore lag.

Open up your computer, try to air out all the dust. ESP. if you're on a laptop.

Four Year Strong Plays in D Standard. Not Drop D.
Quote by Ed Hunter

I just slapped the computer screen with my dick because of this thread.
im on a laptop, there isnt much heat though, ill try with a coolin fan. im not pressin a combination of keys, one at a time, also i already turned off sticky keys and i dont have another computer.. any other ideas?
Quote by ep1kz

i've yet to see somebody overthink something as incredibly as you just have