yeh Gig has " " around it since i dont even know how it was a gig....
basically we were playing at a friends birthday for her present. Also she had a DJ... kind of explains what happened
no...no volume wars the guy was pretty chill but what happened was that when we finally got up to play our set list we got one song down( which we did preety well) and then we got stalled cuz this guy(a guest) wanted to jam on the drum set. We eventually got him off but by then the DJ thought we were done and started up again.

so... basically that was our gig....
what you guys think? If you can beat me with a worse story ill be amazed...and feel better.
At least it wasnt cause you guys sucked
Quote by thestonedone
You see this is why it's wrong to rape your guitar... in public.

Quote by mroctoberfest
I want to name an invention the Insta-gasm 3000. I feel very strongly about this.

Gear Setup:
Jackson Rhoads
Digitech Grunge
Fender FM 212R
you should have hit that guy in the face for interrupting your show
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by Steven E
At least it wasnt cause you guys sucked

yeh thats what we keep telling ourselfs. it helps
Well my band had a gig today and we played our first original song that we've made. We did it acoustically and it was all windy and the wind blew into the mics and gave them some feedback and our singer was off pitch by like 1 note for the whole song.

We did pretty good on the rest but that was our first song of the set and it probably gave people a bad impression of us lol.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.
Well let's see.

My first "gig" was at a talent show at my "rhythm guitarist"'s (parentheses because all of our recorded stuff is me and the lead guitarist) church. We were set to play a song we never played past the intro before. Crazy Train. So we go up there, me on bass (keep in mind I did not play bass at the time, I used his bass), him on guitar, and a drummer suggests that he drum. So we let him. Then a guitarist offers to play lead guitar. So we let him. So we attempt to play it, and by the second note, we're already out of tempo. We struggle through, but within 30 seconds, we decided it was too horrible to go on, as we were all playing different things. We then go to the back and hang our heads in shame as we watch a two people do a screamo version of whatever that piano Evanescence song is.
Quote by DIFTWOOD

what you guys think? If you can beat me with a worse story ill be amazed...and feel better.

I can honestly say that I've never screwed up a gig because I let a crowd member play on an instrument instead of me. It's my gig, I play the instruments.

But you've learnt something at least - if a crowd member asks if he can play, tell him "sorry dude, it's my gig". Most will understand. With some you have to get security but meh.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
he let another person touch his drum kit?:O:O from every drummer i've spoke to thats like a crime
but its true you should never have let him on the kit atleast not until you'd finished you set

my worst gig was in a old band at a good ol' school talent show
god knows what song we were playing but we were told that we only had 2 minutes to do a three minute song so instead of taking a section out we justr played it really fast.. first mistake then just before we came on the band before us took off the distortion pedal so every little mistake i made wasnt masked by a distortion.. lovely
our drummer couldnt hear anyone else so sat at the back just hitting the drums hoping we were all in time,the bassist hid behind a smoke machine so people didnt even realise he was there our rhythm guitarist somehow managed to stand so it looked like he was sitting on a grand piano, not the way to win over the heart of the music staff and the PA wasn't loud enough for vocals so it just sounded like an instrumental mess
Quote by AlanHB
I can honestly say that I've never screwed up a gig because I let a crowd member play on an instrument instead of me. It's my gig, I play the instruments.

But you've learnt something at least - if a crowd member asks if he can play, tell him "sorry dude, it's my gig". Most will understand. With some you have to get security but meh.

yeh thats how i got him off. i told him we were playing a gig so could he get off. but he wouldnt take the hint until like 5 minutes later

Quote by superfish1232
he let another person touch his drum kit?:O:O from every drummer i've spoke to thats like a crime
but its true you should never have let him on the kit atleast not until you'd finished you set

yeh my drummer too nice
Quote by superfish1232

It is, If anybody touches mine I will personally murder them Considering drum sets are upward of 1500GBP, it's no wonder we get annoyed. If I played your '58 Les Paul Goldtop without asking, you'd be pretty annoyed too. My gear in my sig cost me nearly 2000GBP/$3500 and that's not even a lot for drums. Some drummers spend 3 times that, easily.

I can't say I've really had a bad gig. I've had some gigs that didn't go too well through no fault of our own, but not one I wished I wasn't playing. The one that went the worst was when we had to cut a song because some crappy rapper guy at one of my college gigs (every band on the course played in one gig) set off the strobes and refused to turn them off, then made this girl have an epileptic fit, then didn't say sorry to her. We all had to apologise to her on his behalf, she was OK though. It was all video taped as well for reviewing the gig the day after .
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by DIFTWOOD
yeh thats how i got him off. i told him we were playing a gig so could he get off. but he wouldnt take the hint until like 5 minutes later

How you got him off? He shouldn't be there in the first place! And I wouldn't say him ignoring you until the DJ starts playing an effective method.
Soundcloud
You should've told your guest drummer that his solo is over, and then politely asked the Dj to stop playing :/
Quote by DIFTWOOD
yeh Gig has " " around it since i dont even know how it was a gig....
basically we were playing at a friends birthday for her present. Also she had a DJ... kind of explains what happened
no...no volume wars the guy was pretty chill but what happened was that when we finally got up to play our set list we got one song down( which we did preety well) and then we got stalled cuz this guy(a guest) wanted to jam on the drum set. We eventually got him off but by then the DJ thought we were done and started up again.

so... basically that was our gig....

You should have kicked him in the chest off the stage/band area while yelling "THIS IS (band name)!
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by AlanHB
How you got him off? He shouldn't be there in the first place! And I wouldn't say him ignoring you until the DJ starts playing an effective method.

explaining to him that we were tring to play a gig...
He wanted to play on my jem too but no way..was i going to let him put his fithly hands on my baby im not as nice as my drummer
dude, never let someone touch someone elses drumset, remember step-brothers?
Quote by DIFTWOOD
explaining to him that we were tring to play a gig...
He wanted to play on my jem too but no way..was i going to let him put his fithly hands on my baby im not as nice as my drummer

I guess it doesn't matter anyway - you didn't even figure out what songs you were playing for the party until a couple of days before, so you couldn't have been that great in the case you did finish your set.
Soundcloud