Went to a friend's house today and played a ~$5000 guitar rig- a Custom Shop Gibson ES-339 through a Marshall JCM2000 halfstack. Now that I've gotten home, I can't play my guitars because they sound so bad now. Ever happen to you? Tell stories, discuss.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Last edited by Pretty. Odd. at Sep 14, 2009,
Yes. And then some.

Ever fallen in love with a piece of toast?
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by Pretty. Odd.
Went to a friend's house today and played a ~$4000 guitar rig- a Gibson ES-339 through a Marshall JCM2000 halfstack. Now that I've gotten home, I can't play my guitars because they sound so bad now. Ever happen to you? Tell stories, discuss.

yep. that's why i went out, got a job, saved up, and bought the nice equipment
Quote by p o e
Yes. And then some.

Ever fallen in love with a piece of toast?

Yes. Got some of my special butter on it too.

Ever taken aderall and go so horney it defeated the purpose of taking it in the first place? (improved concentration)
Nope because I"m the guy with the $4000 guitar rig :P
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Quote by Pretty. Odd.
Went to a friend's house today and played a ~$4000 guitar rig- a Gibson ES-339 through a Marshall JCM2000 halfstack. Now that I've gotten home, I can't play my guitars because they sound so bad now. Ever happen to you? Tell stories, discuss.

I hate that.

I played a custom Les Paul for like five hours and went back to my decent Fender and felt terrible about life.
Yea, which is generally why I refuse to play a guitar that might be better than mine. I just have 'average' gear, but at least I'm away from that stinkin' Squire xD
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
Quote by frog_friend
Nope because I"m the guy with the $4000 guitar rig :P

Doubt it. I saw your gear list and its nuthin special
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
yep. that's why i went out, got a job, saved up, and bought the nice equipment
I'll be sixteen in a month and I'm going to work like a bitch, thank you.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
I played a Jem through some stack at a store once and went home embarrassed about my rig
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Quote by SilverchairFan
Doubt it. I saw your gear list and its nuthin special
It may not be amazing, but its perfect for me. I've played a lot of high end gear and I would rather stick with what I have. Some times I get hyped on gear like when the mesa mark V came out but then I realize that I really don't need those amps. Oh and my rig is at least 6 grand. Also speaking of gear lists I need to change my list on my profile. I've gotten rid of a few pieces of gear.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Last edited by frog_friend at Sep 13, 2009,
i do that when i have to use my old equipment
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

I've never played anything nice besides a Les Paul that was played by the guy from Night Ranger and a 60's Strat, pretty sure it was reissue though.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
No.
Some of my friends have some really nice and expensive equipment, and its always cool to go over to their places and try out their stuff, but honestly I am perfectly happy with my ibanez gio and crate 15w. It just suits my needs right now, and I've never been overly obsessed with my tone anyway, I just like to play
I went to a guitar store and played an Ibanez 2228 for 1600 Euros, and went home and realised my 550 Euro Agile 8-string was much more awesome. being more expensive =! being better.
Quote by CoreysMonster
more expensive =! being better.

It is in this situtation. His Custom Shop Gibson ES-339 through a JCM is absolutely no contest to my Walmart guitar through a 10W solid-state, you can't argue with that.