My Ibanez WD-7 malfunctioned. Its footswitch mode- the mode where the footstand stays in place- has stopped working, as in, I have a DC supply connected but when I turn on the pedal there is no light and no sound. The autoswitch mode (where the pedal returns to its original position) works perfectly.

Apparently Ibanez has no pedal warranty...So I either have to live without this footswitch mode or I've gotta buy a new one!

Halp guys...
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Was it working when you bought it? Because if not then you are entitled to a refund no matter what
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
They should have a warranty. If they don't have a warranty, then they are not confident that their pedals are reliable. IMO, they should return to the drawing board to design a pedal that is good enough to have a warranty. Bad show Ibanez

I would write to them and see what happens. If they don't respond or say they won't replace it, i guess you will have to buy a new one or something. Damn thats unlucky mate
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
in my experience

weeping demon = ass

probably why it has no warranty, just like they put no warranty on the Edge III tremolos.

besides that, youd have to send your warranty cards to Japan, and theyd have to send you information or a refund from Japan.

besides that being hella expensive, youd probably get your refund in Yen.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Last edited by Silver-spear94 at Sep 13, 2009,
I've had it for more than 2 months now.

Shame..it was quite a decent pedal IMO. Ibanez only have warranty services for their guitars and amps.

I guess i COULD live without the footswitch mode. I hardly ever use and I only tried it out for the first time in weeks. I prefer the pedal returning to its original position. Is there really any advantage of a pedal staying in its place?
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon

Last edited by HellBoy9393 at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by ShallowEndings
What do you think is a good wah than? I'm thinking f getting one in a few months..

dunlop crybaby or one other one i heard about on youtube which IMO sounded better than the crybaby but i can't remember what it is lol
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
LOl could you believe this.

Ibanez don't even have a contact email address/phone number for anyone outside of the USA. Unless I'm blind and missing something..
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by leony03
dunlop crybaby or one other one i heard about on youtube which IMO sounded better than the crybaby but i can't remember what it is lol

Which one? There's quiet a few different types..

Quote by HellBoy9393
LOl could you believe this.

Ibanez don't even have a contact email address/phone number for anyone outside of the USA. Unless I'm blind and missing something..

Say wah?
Wow, I was expecting to hit the Ibanez website for two seconds and find warranty info for their pedals. As it turns out, they list warranty policies for their guitars and amplifiers, but not for pedals.

Poor show Ibanez.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ShallowEndings

Say wah?

I'm serious! They have an inquiry form for customers to fill out, but apparently it's only for US residents.

EDIT: I tried submitting an inquiry form even though I'm in Hong Kong and they instantly rejected any IP subnet outside of the US.

Come ON!!

EDIT2: Ibanez's Hong Kong website has no information on warranty or support service of ANY kind.
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon

Last edited by HellBoy9393 at Sep 13, 2009,
wahs...

Vox V847a
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Carl Martin 2Wah
Rocktron Cat
Morley Bad Horsie I/II
Ernie Ball Wah

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by HellBoy9393
I'm serious! They have an inquiry form for customers to fill out, but apparently it's only for US residents.

EDIT: I tried submitting an inquiry form even though I'm in Hong Kong and they instantly rejected any IP subnet outside of the US.

Come ON!!

Gosh thats pretty weird.. Correct me if i'm wrong but ibanez are made in Japan??.. N their rejecting someone in the same country? What the hell?
Nothing in the FAQ??

Quote by Silver-spear94
wahs...

Vox V847a
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Carl Martin 2Wah
Rocktron Cat
Morley Bad Horsie I/II
Ernie Ball Wah

And your choice would be? Gosh im an ass.. I'm thinking of getting all pedals n not the digitech rg1000.. Damb decisions.
Last edited by ShallowEndings at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by leony03

Stock crybabys are pretty meh to be honest although i do like the 535Q

TS, couldn't you just get the pedal repaired rather than buying a new one...Or of course you could just live with it as you said. Still crap about having no warranty
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
well, i have a Vox V847a, because i couldnt find any of the others locally.

but out of those, the Fulltone would take the biscuit. but there is another, which i neglected to mention, the Vox Big Bad Wah, which would be my outright first choice, because it has two wah modes, built in drive, seperate voicings and LED display.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

hmm...how about the Vox V847a? its got a nice top end, and the bottom end isnt too fuzzy. also, its got a classy chrome top and an easy to do, true bypass mod.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ