My brother and I got into a pretty wicked fight about, one week ago.

Since then, he and I haven't really spoken. My parents seem to think I scared him pretty bad. He has been walking around pissed off and avoiding most of us. As well, they say his pride is hurt, especially because it was in front of his girlfriend.

What do people of the pit say?

Again, I just wanted to let everyone know, I'm still reading the replies. Thanks again, for leaving your thoughts.

EDIT: To avoid confusion, I asked him to leave me be after he was in my face running his mouth about some stupid stuff. I've done everything to be nice to the guy since we all moved back home.
Bacon is amazing.
Last edited by Rattlehead714 at Sep 13, 2009,
what did you do?

and in front of his gf, dude? weak.

I'd never argue with my brother in front of my gf or his. it's a HUGE dick move.
Fight about what?

Regardless, jizz on his face when he's asleep.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Dude something like that happened to me a week a ago! my brother and i fought infront of my girlfriend.. im pretty much hating him right now!
Quote by CoreysMonster
what did you do?

and in front of his gf, dude? weak.

I'd never argue with my brother in front of my gf or his. it's a HUGE dick move.

It was a fist fight man, it wasn't just an argument. He was running his mouth at me, I had finally had enough after I tried to get him to walk away from my room. lol
Bacon is amazing.
If what you say is true, it's his own damn fault, and he should suck up his pride (or whatever's left of it) and apologise to you. Just make sure you present yourself as open for apology and don't be arrogant about it.

I don't have an opinion on the fighting in front of the GF, if she's a **** then w/e but if she's a nice gal then probably should've thought twice about fighting.
go and talk to him right away. dont wait. fix it anyhow. i had a fight with my brother and we didn't speak to each other for 3 years. we have started speaking just recently (over the phone because he went abroad for 5 years). i wont see him for 5 years...
Thats a pretty dick move in front of his gf. How bad was what you did? Regardless, if you still wanna have a good relationship with him, you should probably apologise.

Edit: Just read what the fight was about. that kinda makes him sound like he's in the wrong.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Last edited by splamron at Sep 13, 2009,
Apologize and forget about it. The most important thing is that you two get along again.

Just say sorry and hope for the best.
DeVillains!
Quote by Rattlehead714
It was a fist fight man, it wasn't just an argument. He was running his mouth at me, I had finally had enough after I tried to get him to walk away from my room. lol

what in the world does that mean?

to me, it means you're an idiot, because it says "bro was bein disrespectful, so I punched him in the mouth"

if this is true, you're a total asshole, because he's your freaking BROTHER, man. YOU DO NOT PUNCH YOUR MOTHER****ING BROTHER. end of story.

I'm usually a very liberal guy, but when it comes to family, YOU DO NOT HURT YOUR ****ING FAMILY.

if they piss you off, you ignore them, but you do not hurt them. end of story.

EDIT: and it's not like I'm a super peaceful guy, I've hit friends of mine that have stepped out of line (even got into 4 fights because of friends dissing my girlfriend, calling her a *****, just because she slept with guys other than me before she was with me (wtf??))
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Sep 13, 2009,
Do sexual favours for him. Don't fight with family.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by CoreysMonster
what in the world does that mean?

to me, it means you're an idiot, because it says "bro was bein disrespectful, so I punched him in the mouth"

if this is true, you're a total asshole, because he's your freaking BROTHER, man. YOU DO NOT PUNCH YOUR MOTHER****ING BROTHER. end of story.

I'm usually a very liberal guy, but when it comes to family, YOU DO NOT HURT YOUR ****ING FAMILY.

if they piss you off, you ignore them, but you do not hurt them. end of story.

It's interesting to see that much passion coming from a complete stranger.

Honestly, for 5 years (when he moved out for college), this kid never spoke a word to me.

He is recently back in my life, and no matter how kind I am to this kid, he was completely trashing me over stupid reasons and when I tried to get him to leave... it ended up with us rolling on the floor because the kid is so arrogant and stubborn.
Bacon is amazing.
Quote by Rattlehead714
It's interesting to see that much passion coming from a complete stranger.

Honestly, for 5 years (when he moved out for college), this kid never spoke a word to me.

He is recently back in my life, and no matter how kind I am to this kid, he was completely trashing me over stupid reasons and when I tried to get him to leave... it ended up with us rolling on the floor because the kid is so arrogant and stubborn.

I dunno, in my culture (mexican) no matter what is done to you, family is ****ing family. and even if your family is stupid and has idiotic idiosyncrasies, it's still your flesh and blood, man.

if my brother turned out to be a total dick, I'd still tolerate him. I would never start a physical fight with him, unless of course he started it, but in the end he's my brother.
I mean, who can you really trust in this world, beside your brother??
I need to get more information before I give any advice. What really started the fight?

Quote by CoreysMonster
I dunno, in my culture (mexican) no matter what is done to you, family is ****ing family. and even if your family is stupid and has idiotic idiosyncrasies, it's still your flesh and blood, man.

if my brother turned out to be a total dick, I'd still tolerate him. I would never start a physical fight with him, unless of course he started it, but in the end he's my brother.
I mean, who can you really trust in this world, beside your brother??

Congratulations on being a tool of your culture.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'm not going to insult you for fighting with your brother. It happens, especially if they cross a line(such as having no respect for your personal space). If you've had that problem with him before, and you tried to explain to him nicely that he should back off, yet time and time again he pushes your buttons, then hey, what can I say, I'm sure he learned his lesson. I can guarantee he will respect you from now on.

Now as to whether you apologize to him or not, I personally would just because I hate leaving relationships damaged and having tense situations all the time, but thats just me. He probably feels at least partly like an ass, so he'll be quick to forgive. Just say, 'Hey man, when I tell you to get out of my face, I'm serious. You might be my brother, but that doesn't give you the right to disrespect me'. If he's any kind of man, he'll understand.

By the way, none of my advice applies if you don't respect his personal rules. Just so you know.

J-Edit: Kensai, your new avatar is fuzzy so I'm having a hard time discerning what it is.
Last edited by jbridge90 at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by Kensai
I need to get more information before I give any advice. What really started the fight?

Congratulations on being a tool of your culture.

congratulations on not having any value of family.

Kensai, I rarely disagree with your views, but that was ****ing stupid.

being a tool of a culture that preaches sticking with people who are the same as you? that has nothing to do with culture, it is biologically intelligent.
I'm a pussy, whatever. I don't know what swedish culture is like, but at least mexicans stick to their flesh and blood. I have never known a lonely mexican.
EDIT: and calling me a tool of my culture for following my beliefs is a huge dick move, kjelll.
Quote by jbridge90
I'm not going to insult you for fighting with your brother. It happens, especially if they cross a line(such as having no respect for your personal space). If you've had that problem with him before, and you tried to explain to him nicely that he should back off, yet time and time again he pushes your buttons, then hey, what can I say, I'm sure he learned his lesson. I can guarantee he will respect you from now on.

Now as to whether you apologize to him or not, I personally would just because I hate leaving relationships damaged and having tense situations all the time, but thats just me. He probably feels at least partly like an ass, so he'll be quick to forgive. Just say, 'Hey man, when I tell you to get out of my face, I'm serious. You might be my brother, but that doesn't give you the right to disrespect me'. If he's any kind of man, he'll understand.

By the way, none of my advice applies if you don't respect his personal rules. Just so you know.

I've respected him entirely, from the day we moved in together.

I'm happy to hear, that I shouldn't feel like a complete and total ass for ending up in a fight. Everything that you've read from thread is the truth, I did ask him to back off etc... I probably will apologize soon as well.

I don't know so much about him instantly forgiving or having new found respect. The kid, like I said, is very arrogant and stubborn.
Bacon is amazing.
Quote by Rattlehead714
I've respected him entirely, from the day we moved in together.

I'm happy to hear, that I shouldn't feel like a complete and total ass for ending up in a fight. Everything that you've read from thread is the truth, I did ask him to back off etc... I probably will apologize soon as well.

I don't know so much about him instantly forgiving or having new found respect. The kid, like I said, is very arrogant and stubborn

dude, I've been a total ass to my mother before, but she's always forgiven me. you should be the same way to your brother.
Quote by CoreysMonster
dude, I've been a total ass to my mother before, but she's always forgiven me. you should be the same way to your brother.

What I just said, that you quoted in this reply, was that I doubt he will forgive any time soon. He isn't quick to admit his faults or forget about another's.
Bacon is amazing.
Then looks like you may have to get ready for round 2

I use to fight with my brothers all the time. Even though back then our mentality afterwards was all, "I hate you so much" I love and respect my brothers more than anyone else. But we know when to back the hell off. Just because you're related doesn't mean you have to deal with **** when you're an adult.
Quote by jbridge90

J-Edit: Kensai, your new avatar is fuzzy so I'm having a hard time discerning what it is.

It's tommy lee jones in "no country for old men". I've been meaning to find a sharper version

Quote by CoreysMonster

False.

Quote by CoreysMonster
being a tool of a culture that preaches sticking with people who are the same as you? that has nothing to do with culture, it is biologically intelligent.

You said "I dunno, in my culture (mexican) no matter what is done to you, family is ****ing family. and even if your family is stupid and has idiotic idiosyncrasies, it's still your flesh and blood, man."

How is sticking with people even though they're being idiots biologically intelligent?

Quote by CoreysMonster
I'm a pussy, whatever. I don't know what swedish culture is like,

Like german, only less sauerkrauts.

Quote by CoreysMonster
but at least mexicans stick to their flesh and blood. I have never known a lonely mexican.

EDIT: and calling me a tool of my culture for following my beliefs is a huge dick move, kjelll.

Come closer and I'll show you a dick move.
Quote by CoreysMonster

I'm a pussy, whatever. I don't know what swedish culture is like, but at least mexicans stick to their flesh and blood. I have never known a lonely mexican.

I'm with you mate, family should always come first, TS should go apologize, me and my brother are tight, even with the age difference, that's what a brother's for.

^^

**** me silly Kensai, whether you're trying to be serious or not, you still induce laughter.

EDIT: induce isn't the correct word to use in that sentence, is it?
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
Last edited by Wells-Zeppelin at Sep 13, 2009,
"He is recently back in my life, and no matter how kind I am to this kid, he was completely trashing me over stupid reasons and when I tried to get him to leave... it ended up with us rolling on the floor because the kid is so arrogant and stubborn."

If you were recently out of his life and returned, you have changed the family dynamic without being aware of it. Whether it is because your parents pay more attention to you now, or for whatever trivial (or so it may seem) reason, his reaction seems like an unconscious response to this change. Maybe he had it pretty good before you came back and that's changed.

Understand the family dynamic that was altered by your reappearance and you will understand his frustration.

Also, some post advice: That girlfriend of his doesn't like you anymore. Good luck with any real relationship you might seek in the future if he marry's her. She will work toward separating the two of you permanently, especially if you hit him. Count on it.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by Kensai
*blablabla*

kensai, I totally respect your opinion and views, and even if you call the following things pieces of crap, it's your good right, but I must say:

Do not diss your family, no matter how huge of dicks they are.

they are family, they are created of the same blood as you are. (this may be redundant to certain parties, but to me it is important)
if you do not like a family membääso er, do not speak to him, but if he's in trouble, good god, man! he's your brother! help him out!
so don't be a ****nig dick towards your friends.
Quote by mystical_1
"He is recently back in my life, and no matter how kind I am to this kid, he was completely trashing me over stupid reasons and when I tried to get him to leave... it ended up with us rolling on the floor because the kid is so arrogant and stubborn."

If you were recently out of his life and returned, you have changed the family dynamic without being aware of it. Whether it is because your parents pay more attention to you now, or for whatever trivial (or so it may seem) reason, his reaction seems like an unconscious response to this change. Maybe he had it pretty good before you came back and that's changed.

Understand the family dynamic that was altered by your reappearance and you will understand his frustration.

Also, some post advice: That girlfriend of his doesn't like you anymore. Good luck with any real relationship you might seek in the future if he marry's her. She will work toward separating the two of you permanently, especially if you hit him. Count on it.

Hm, some heavy thoughts in this reply.

Although, I'm actually the kid, I'm the one who was living at home while he left and came back.

If his girlfriend feels that way, she is really going to have a hard time living here with the family.
Bacon is amazing.
Quote by mystical_1

Ha it was a fight. He didn't shoot his brother. If his brothers girlfriend is at least a little intelligent, she probably realizes that her boyfriend was being obnoxious. Even if she doesn't, one little fight isn't going to spark that kind of reaction.

Also, read the OP. I'm pretty sure his brother is the one who moved back there not the other way around.

J-Edit: Don't worry TS, I totally understand.
Me and my brother had this huge fight like I spat blood in his face and we were both pumping each other. 2 hours later we were playing Age of empires 2 on lan. Its your brother dude both of you should forget about it, how old are you both?
Originally Posted by neopowell
I'm perfectly capable of rating my own poo, I don't need a website to help me. I've devised strict criteria based on texture, smell, ease of passing and numerous other factors. It's even colour-coded.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Wells-Zeppelin
^^

**** me silly Kensai, whether you're trying to be serious or not, you still induce laughter.

EDIT: induce isn't the correct word to use in that sentence, is it?

It is the correct word

Quote by CoreysMonster
kensai, I totally respect your opinion and views, and even if you call the following things pieces of crap, it's your good right, but I must say:

they are family, they are created of the same blood as you are. (this may be redundant to certain parties, but to me it is important)
if you do not like a family membääso er, do not speak to him, but if he's in trouble, good god, man! he's your brother! help him out!

I'm just messing with you, you dork
Quote by Kensai
It is the correct word

I'm just messing with you, you dork

Quote by CoreysMonster

+1
Pakistani's and Mexicans have the same views about family.

TS. apologize NAO!!!.. or sometime later..
Quote by CoreysMonster

So you'd stick to your bro if he raped your mom and killed your dad?

You have to draw lines, if someone is pissing you off you can't go "oh he's my brother, it's ok", don't be a pussy.
Quote by mystical_1

"He is recently back in my life" as opposed to "I am recently back in his life".

Unless I'm thoroughly mistaken, it was the brother that came back and altered the family dynamic, not TS.

I dunno whether that makes any difference, but w/e. Sounds like the brother of TS, as I've said, was being a jerk off, and it's up to the brother to stick his pride up is arse and apologise for being one.

Also, as someone else said, if the girl has a shred of intelligence then she'll forgive you for reacting like anyone else would've reacted in that situation. If not, then no big loss - she's a dumbarse and unless your brother is too, he'll dump her soon enough.
My brother and i used to fight alot, it was just immature things like who gets to play the Nintendo next or whatever, but now we hardly ever do, i think because we have seperate rooms now helps a bit, but on the rare occasion that we do have an argument it usually just ends with one of us saying "whatever dude, you're being a dick" and walking off.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
So you'd stick to your bro if he raped your mom and killed your dad?

You have to draw lines, if someone is pissing you off you can't go "oh he's my brother, it's ok", don't be a pussy.

IMO, that's slightly more than "pissed me off", so it'S a different situation.
Quote by CoreysMonster
IMO, that's slightly more than "pissed me off", so it'S a different situation.

But it obviously shows that there is a line where sticking to your family can be forgotten about, it's just nearer for some folks.
Me and my brother always fought. He was older and pretty much beat the life out of me while we grew up.

We never apologized. We just got over it after a few days.

Hell, still to this day me and my bro fight, not with fist anymore, but serious arguments. And we still don't apologize, we just get over it.
epic7734