hey guys

iv considered buying the pod x3 for quite some time now, but is it the best multi FX for its money??

its £250 in my local shop so thats the price, £250

any other great multi FX which is easy to record with and yet great for playing live at gigs etc.

im also a big fan of a nice thick distortion if this helps :P

thanks a lot please let me know what you think
only exceeds by £50 =]

but the X3 is probably one of the best around.

or theres this
http://www.dv247.com/guitars/vox-tonelab-st-guitar-multi-effects-pedal--63771

or its big bro:
http://www.bem-music.com/list.pl?id=104401

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Last edited by Silver-spear94 at Sep 13, 2009,
that looks sweet its big bro is it easy to record with? and what are your thoughts on the boss ME70?

cheers
boss stuff is pretty average compared to the Valvetronix multi FX, the technology is based on the VT amps, which are very popular, due to their relative cheapness and availability. great sounding FX, and it has a 12AX7 in it.

the BOSS FX are based on the FX from the roland cube, a much more digital sounding modelling amp.

just plug the output into the computer's LINE IN.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Personally, I think the older Boss GT-6/8 series are great for the money, used of cause.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
older BOSS stuff is just the same as all older gear, its just generally better.

just like original 50s gibsons far exceed the standards of the 2008 gibsons, and the 70s fender amps are much better than the modern remakes.

and obviously original 60s plexis are better than the master-volume reissues of today.

its a general rule, that old saying: "they dont make 'em like they used to".

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
older BOSS stuff is just the same as all older gear, its just generally better.

just like original 50s gibsons far exceed the standards of the 2008 gibsons, and the 70s fender amps are much better than the modern remakes.

and obviously original 60s plexis are better than the master-volume reissues of today.

its a general rule, that old saying: "they dont make 'em like they used to".

This rule shouldn't apply with digital gear, as computers are getting significantly more powerful and therefore there are better modelling technologies.
I know that's true in the case of software modelling, but it's weird how this rule doesn't seem to apply to some some products such as the Spider III/IV.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis