Someone on the board said the other day that At The Gates sometimes tuned down to F standard. Now, I know this can't be on Slaughter of the Soul (which is mostly in B standard), but I can't find any other information anywhere to confirm this statement.

I consider it unlikely to be true.

Anyone know anything about At The Gates tuning to F standard?

Thanks.

J.
B standard. They've only ever used that as far as I know.

edit: One thing I can definitely say is that they have never tuned to F. Only one band in the world that I know of is in F and that's Meshuggah.
Quote by Magero
B standard. They've only ever used that as far as I know.

edit: One thing I can definitely say is that they have never tuned to F. Only one band in the world that I know of is in F and that's Meshuggah.

Meshuggah is the only band that i KNOW that uses F (and they have 8 string guitars) BUT i have HEARD that At The Gates has some F standard songs. I try to find em
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.
Nah, I'm pretty sure they tuned UP to F standardololololol
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Quote by Magero
I find that highly unlikely.

Agreed. F standard is a very unusual tuning; if At The Gates did it back in the nineties already I'm sure there would have been more mention of it on the internet. Plus Meshuggah has custom-built long-scale guitars to support the low F.

J.
Exactly.
IF they used F anything, it would be like, a capo on the first fret of a standard tuned guitar for some acoustic stuff or something. F is a pretty recognisable note and like I said, only Meshuggah have bothered tuning that low as far as I know.