I have a cheap New York Pro model NY-42BLS, not sure what the bls is for, b/c i can only find a model NY-42...but anyways, i paid 150 for the guitar and case. not a bad price, especially since i am just starting out. has anyone ever played this model guitar or knows someone that has, and if so, what are your thoughts on it?

also, i'm not sure if this is a steel string, or nylon string guitar. any one know?
could you post some pictures please?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
i would...but i can't figure out how to compress my pic size...but the guitar itself is sunburst blue. black fretboard, with steel frets. if you can inform me on how to compress pics, then i can post some on my profile.
Actually yea I had one when I was starting out. I'd say its equivalent to like...a 250 buck beaver creek. It gets the job done, but there are better ones out!

All in all, have fun bud
A new community for beginners guitar....stop by and post some tips that you remember when you were starting out to help all of those new guys!

beginners guitar
Quote by obeythepenguin
Offhand, BLS might refer to the blue sunburst (just a guess).

I'm guessing it's steel string... if the strings look like metal it's a dead give-away. You can also tell by looking at the bridge; steel strings have a row of pins holding the strings in place, while nylon strings tie around.

That makes sense about the BLS...never really thought about that. and by your help, i now know that my strings are steel. thank you!

Quote by terry9317
Actually yea I had one when I was starting out. I'd say its equivalent to like...a 250 buck beaver creek. It gets the job done, but there are better ones out!

All in all, have fun bud

thank you. do you know the specs on these guitars? like what they are made of, and things like that?