My Schecter has an oringinal floyd rose tremolo. And last night, I thought it would be cool to take the bridge apart and see whats going on in there. Bad idea. It was all going well until I got a screw stuck and cant get it out so I have no idea what to do. I can't get it back together now...

Should I take it to a shop or is there a simple solution I dont see?
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by azn_guitarist25
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226 Which screw did you get stuck? And where is it stuck?

according to the diagram, it was the pivot screw. the one closest to the tremolo arm (whammy bar thing). i guess i must have started screwing it back in on an angle and, well that explains it self.
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
grease the hell out of it.
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
Take it to shop, it's more guaranteed that they'd get it fixed. If they screw it up, you get a new guitar.
Last edited by Amer91 at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by flanders_91
according to the diagram, it was the pivot screw. the one closest to the tremolo arm (whammy bar thing). i guess i must have started screwing it back in on an angle and, well that explains it self.

Haha well if it's attached to a stud you probably could try and pry it out but that could lead to more damages to the body. But just take it to a luthier for a proper job to be done.
alright so its all fixed. me and my dad greased it and put some work into it and it came out clean. nothing broke, and the screw isn't stripped. now it goes in and out smoothly (thats what she said!!). now i gotta get some strings on it which is gonna be hell, and i cant stand tuning it.
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by flanders_91

YOu can buy a simple rethread kit at you local auto parts store. Take the good screw and match the thread on the drill bit. Re tap the thread 1/4 turn at a time. Will cost you no more than 20 bucks, and you'll be able to save yourself some headaches and help other guitar players with the same problem... Or you can get a new set of pivot screws with anchors online... just make sure you get the same type and size or bigger...
Quote by Kewlfry
YOu can buy a simple rethread kit at you local auto parts store. Take the good screw and match the thread on the drill bit. Re tap the thread 1/4 turn at a time. Will cost you no more than 20 bucks, and you'll be able to save yourself some headaches and help other guitar players with the same problem... Or you can get a new set of pivot screws with anchors online... just make sure you get the same type and size or bigger...

It pays to read sometimes...

Quote by flanders_91
alright so its all fixed. me and my dad greased it and put some work into it and it came out clean. nothing broke, and the screw isn't stripped. now it goes in and out smoothly (thats what she said!!). now i gotta get some strings on it which is gonna be hell, and i cant stand tuning it.
Quote by flanders_91

Does it have any strings on it at all, or are you just replacing the strings already on there?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...