So, I just joined my school's jazz band on the bass and obviously all the parts are in notation. Now I'm a fairly good sight reader but I think I still need to improve. For example in the first rehearsal the band were revising some old pieces (which for me means frantically learning new pieces), and I ended up having to sight read The Chicken by Jaco Pastorius. I just about scraped through it by improvising using the chord symbols but I need to push my reading up a level to contend with the other players in the band .

I figure the reason the other members of the band, trumpeters etc, read better than me is because every time they learn a piece of music they have to read it in notation, whereas with bass everything is in bloody tab. So basically I need some books for bass that only use notation, I already have Standing in the Shadows of Motown (which is a fantastic book), anyone know any others?

TL;DR: Can anyone reccomend me some bass books that only use notation, no tab.
TO = used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from

TWO = the number 2

TOO = in addition; also; furthermore; to an excessive extent or degree
Thanks, but I'm more looking for actual songs or pieces in notation. I already have books of exercises, I want to use my reading skills in the context of actual music. Thanks for the suggestion though.
TO = used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from

TWO = the number 2

TOO = in addition; also; furthermore; to an excessive extent or degree
I'd say a good portion of the "jazz bass" method books, which include etudes are written in notation. Since you're starting out in jazz, they might be a start.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=walking+bass&tag=googhydr-20&index=stripbooks&hvadid=1153022981&ref=pd_sl_19wnkr5ctu_b

"The Improvisors Bass Method" and "Concepts for Bass Soling" (Sher publishing) has lots of reading material along with the methodology of jazz bass.

"Charlie Parker Omnibook" cover to cover notation, heads plus transcribed solos.

"The Real Book"... Hal Leonard/Sher bass clef. Not only sight reading material, but CD's and midi files are available for play along.

Transcribed lines from the Aebersold play-a-longs.
http://aebersold.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=JAZZ&Category_Code=BASBOO