I don't know how many times I've asked for amp recommendations, but I'm still so indecisive!

anyway, I've just discovered the Blackheart Handsome Devil. This costs around £250, so where are the faults? there's got to be some.

Then theres the Vox Night Train. This, with the cab included will be circa £500, which is strangely enough a bit too much to me.

Finally theres that H&K 25th anniversary thing. I've played the 20th anniversary and it was good; how do they compare?

I definitely want a (slightly) clean sound at practices which can progress into a slight tube drive, with a bassist with a 10 watt SS Watson amp (what can I say, he's a bassist. he doesn't know about these things) and a heavy handed drummer. Possibly can mic it at a gig. weight is a bit of an issue as well. and how do they react with effects?

any help?

and take into account that Merchant city music are giving away free v847s with the vox.
Quote by Tay-ron
go listen to the sound of grass growing. then play it.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||| My Music
||||||||||||||
|||||||||||
|||||||||
|||||||
||||||
|||||
||||
|||
||
|
out of those id definately get the Vox.

the handsome devil is nice, but the Vox has great vintage tones.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

I forgot to mention I'm looking into buy used. If the Vox is that good i doubt anyones selling it.
Quote by Tay-ron
||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||
|||||||||||
|||||||||
|||||||
||||||
|||||
||||
|||
||
|
But what sort of tones genres are you trying to hit towards?

You won't get straight of Metal tones without a boost from either the HD or NT.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
No metal, mainly Frusciante cleans, amp gonna buy big muff soon anyway, mainly just nice cleans with a choice of some extra gain/overdrive.
Quote by Tay-ron
||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||
|||||||||||
|||||||||
|||||||
||||||
|||||
||||
|||
||
|
Have a look at a Fender Blues Jr and an Epiphone blues custom 30.

Both have great cleans and are cheap.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by silly hats at Sep 13, 2009,
I thought about the Blues Jr, but it seems a bit small and weedy.

No idea why, just a preconception, what with it being the younger sibling of the HR and Blues Deluxe.
Quote by Tay-ron
||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||
|||||||||||
|||||||||
|||||||
||||||
|||||
||||
|||
||
|
Im interested in the H&K edition tube 25 too. Has anyone tried it out. I heard that it has a better speaker than the 20th.
so if I was to go for the vox, what cab would you recommend? just the vox night train cab? or is there a cheaper but also good cab i could get? I just noticed, the only tube amps i've ever owned/played alot are vox. my mate's valvetronix, my ac30 that I impulse bought half and half with the same mate, at £235 each, and then then maybe this one.

I would reallly like to keep the ac30, its just too big and my mate wants to sell it so he can get some drum stuff (we plan to make some profit)
Quote by Tay-ron
||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||
|||||||||||
|||||||||
|||||||
||||||
|||||
||||
|||
||
|
definitely consider the valvepower 18 watt clone.

http://www.valvepower.co.uk/index.htm
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Debutante
so if I was to go for the vox, what cab would you recommend? just the vox night train cab? or is there a cheaper but also good cab i could get? I just noticed, the only tube amps i've ever owned/played alot are vox. my mate's valvetronix, my ac30 that I impulse bought half and half with the same mate, at £235 each, and then then maybe this one.

The Harley Benton G212 is supposed to be a great cheap cab, and comes with Vintage 30s. Also check out the Hayden Mofo, if you can.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??