Why hello there!

I'm the guitarist and songwriter of the band Excerius. We're currently in the writing phase, and I write most of the music in a little program called FL Studio. We're a metal band (what subgenre? Somewhere between melodeath, power and prog) and none of the stuff you hear on the Myspace page is an actual recording, but we're working on getting some recordings done. Most of the songs have lyrics too, but lyrics aren't much use without vocals so I won't post them here.

Anyway, have fun listening and please post some critique to help improve the music.

LINKAGE: Excerius bandpage
Last edited by DYin at Sep 13, 2009,
I'm listening to "Life Reworked" at the moment, and it's quite catchy. In fact, it's not bad at all for FL Studio sounds. Well done! You could try playing around with a few of the note dynamics if you're looking to make the files sound more realistic, though.
Quote by zephyrclaw
I'm listening to "Life Reworked" at the moment, and it's quite catchy. In fact, it's not bad at all for FL Studio sounds. Well done! You could try playing around with a few of the note dynamics if you're looking to make the files sound more realistic, though.

Thanks.
I try to add some dynamics sometimes, but FL isn't making it easy for me. The guitar sound is incredibly static and there isn't a lot I can do about it, but I'll try anyway.
I heard it... It was pretty awesome. en je bent nederlands dus dat is helemaal vet

Keep up the good work
Hmm it sounds okay! But it would be alot better if it were the real thing

Sounds a bit like Sonata Arctica!
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Quote by niels-uiterwaal
I heard it... It was pretty awesome. en je bent nederlands dus dat is helemaal vet

Keep up the good work

ja leuk dat er nog meer nedelanders zijn op UG!!!

it was actually kind of cool! My band does all the mixing/production and keyboard sounds in FL Studio. You may like it: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1199550

Lat eens hooren als je iets nieuws schrijfd!
If you just DI'd the guitar theyd be acceptable recordings cause plenty metal bands use programmed drums these days and synths are synths whether soft or not they have the same effect.

Sounds cool.
I've been here since '04.

Shameless update and bump for this ages old thread. I found the topic when I googled my bandname. I'm the keyboard player of this band. We have editted a lot of the tracks and the 8th of may we will record real guitars for these tracks!

I'll keep people posted right here on UG.
I likes it. Interesting stuff you got there
just sent you a friend request
I honestly think this sounds really badass.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!