I've narrowed it down to these two: the BEHRINGER X V-Amp and the Line6 Pocket Pod.

Why I can't decide?

The V-Amp has a pedal, Line6 doesn't. Can I attach one? I'm not much of a stage player but how is a no-pedal setup gonna work with its Wah?

Line6 has a huge online database of fanmade presets and you can edit them via your PC (much easier)

My playing style is generally metal (+/- death)

What do you guys think? Is there anything better for the price? Can I get the cake AND eat it too?
you should actually get the zoom g1. Belive me, it blows both of those out of the water. I have the v-amp, and pocket pod, and they dont come close to the g1 at all.
R.I.P foREVer
Quote by Killswitch94
you should actually get the zoom g1. Belive me, it blows both of those out of the water. I have the v-amp, and pocket pod, and they dont come close to the g1 at all.

I actually came across it, it seemed pretty cheap, but it didn't seem to have a pedal, I guess I can buy one?

LE: I found the G1X that has a pedal, but from now on it's my problem (doesn't ship to me lol). So you're saying that this is what I'm looking for?
Last edited by overdark at Sep 13, 2009,
IMO, the pod is better than the rest at that price, BUT if I were you I'd save a while until you can afford a Boss ME-20. Much better quality effects.
Why not decide which effects you want most and buy single pedals for them? The effects would be better, and after you get bored of the multi-fx, your going to want better quality effects pedals anyway, so it would be saving you money in the long run.
I don't think I'll have a long run with these, I'm just messing around at home.
Quote by overdark
I actually came across it, it seemed pretty cheap, but it didn't seem to have a pedal, I guess I can buy one?

LE: I found the G1X that has a pedal, but from now on it's my problem (doesn't ship to me lol). So you're saying that this is what I'm looking for?

yes. it's a great buy, and a steal for the price
R.I.P foREVer
What about the Zoom 606? I'm trying to figure out the differences between them.
dont get the behringer, i own it and it is the bigest piece of ****. to access any of the parameters on the effects you have to hold down about 3 ****ing buttons while turning a knob on it. the tone sucks and its all around crappy, do not get it.
Thanks a lot for telling me. I wasn't gonna buy it anyways, I got my eyes on the G1X. Looking at the tech specs it seems to be processing at much higher quality and also has this noise reduction thingamajig. I guess I'm gonna get it!
So the store tells me it's not in stock and it won't be for a while, they gave me an alternative at the same price; it sells without an AC adapter.

Behold. The Korg AX5G.

Anyone know anything about it?
The Korg AX5 is discontinued, but a good deal if it's $50 or less. The distortion tones are probably the best that you can find for a unit at that price level.

If you can find an AX3G (the same but no expression pedal), it's makes a great addition to a pedal board for reverb, chorus, delay, and any gain tones that you don't already have covered with other pedals.
Last edited by fly135 at Sep 14, 2009,