New Amp
12 75%
New Pedal
0 0%
Both
4 25%
Voters: 16.
Hey UG,

Well currently I own a Gibson Les Paul 2008 Standard, Tradition G12 Standard (decent strat knockoff), Boss ME-20 and play through a Kustom Dual 30RC 30W amp. I feel like the multi effect pedal and solid state amp is really holding my Les Paul back. I'm not sure however if I should get a new pedal system, amp or both. I'm looking for tube amps, Marshalls in particular, but they're expensive. I'm hoping to keep it under 2200 USD. As far as pedals go I've heard good things about the Ibanez TK999HT Tube King but am not sure. So I ask if I should get a new amp, a new pedal, or both.

I play Classic Rock, Hard Rock (GNR), some Metal (metallica) and a lot of blues, so I need good cleans as well.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Last edited by Its So Easy at Sep 13, 2009,
I would even it up with a new amp and a pedal.

A pedal that's versatile enough for your Les Paul.
I haven't heard about that amp...But if your budget is 2200, that opens A Lot of doors for amps.

My budget for my new amp, is only under 500...:'(
I'm limited to the Amps I can buy of my likes.

Be lucky!
And choose the right amps!
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
For 2200 USD you could get a Ceriatone PTP wiring 100 Watt All Tube Plexi Copy head and a Avatar 212 with Celestion Greenbacks for $1500 USD, that leaves enough to get a good board and pedals
Edit: They also make JCM and JTM 45 copies
Last edited by Rhoads_1096 at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by Rhoads_1096
For 2200 USD you could get a Ceriatone PTP wiring 50 Watt All Tube Plexi Copy head and a Avatar 212 with Celestion Greenbacks for $1500 USD, that leaves enough to get a good board and pedals
Edit: They also make JCM and JTM 45 copies

Don't forget that they have to ship it from the other end of the world

Edit: They even make Trainwreck and Dumble models, hell even a SJ clone
Last edited by stykerwolf at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by stykerwolf
Don't forget that they have to ship it from the other end of the world

Edit: They even make Trainwreck and Dumble models, hell even a SJ clone

Sorry, I forgot about that. $300 dollars shipping to the US for the 100 watt plexi.

So you could get

Ceriatone Plexi Lead with shipping $1300
Avatar 212 with greenbacks $400.
Edit: with your taste in music you would only need a fuzz, OD or distortion and wah
Edit: and reverb thet ceriatones don't have reverb
Last edited by Rhoads_1096 at Sep 13, 2009,
or, just buy one of many great tube amps - hell you could buy a 70's bassman head and cab.
you could buy a blues jr, you could buy an egnator, a matchless, an old magnatone, a peavey classic, probably 30 others I can't think of right now.

other than maybe a jazz chorus or a polytone, I wouldn't cross the street to piss on a burning solid state amp!

once you go tube your no longer a nube.

have I missed offending anyone?
You could get a 3120 or jsx and an avatar 212 loaded with v30s, and be able to spend the rest on some killer pedals once you decide which you like. I'd go for a wah, delay, and an overdrive.
Or, you could get a used mesa and the same 212.
Or, you could get a used jcm 800/900 and have even more to spend on pedals.

Edit: Completely forgot about ceriatone. You could scratch the used marshall idea and get a new jcm800 or silver jubilee clone for, which both go for $850 (the 2204 and 2550, respectively).
http://ceriatone.com/productSubPages/BSJCM800_2204/BSJCM800_2204Cabinet.htm
http://ceriatone.com/productSubPages/2250/BS2550Cabinet.htm
Last edited by saltysnail at Sep 13, 2009,