do you think its ok to do so?

i know it might sound stupid, but theres alot of people doing crappy covers of dead artists songs, and basicly just tearing the song to pieces

is it more offensive than respectful if they actually tried?
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Play the song right= respectful

F*** it up by not practicing/caring= disrespectful
It's just a song. How could it possibly be disrespectful to play a song unless you're playing the song to intentionally make fun of the original artist?
The setup:
Fender MIM Fat Strat (midnight wine)
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Digitech GNX3 Multi-effect
Fender CD140SCE Acoustic-Electric
Quote by pr0pedestrian
It's just a song. How could it possibly be disrespectful to play a song unless you're playing the song to intentionally make fun of the original artist?

Ask Guns N' Roses who still haven't done one cover decently.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

You mean the Axl Rose band right?

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I thought they did a fantastic job on Knocking On Heaven's Door, I prefer it to Dylan's version.
Quote by osXtiger
I read it as Guns N' Roses.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by osXtiger

They are called GN'R. There are tons of band with only a single original member but it's become a fad to hate Axl Rose apparently.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

Must be pretty crowded on that bandwagon.

Small writing in the middle of big sig.

Quote by EEE_ELLL_OHH

Don't think that it could just be his opinion?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
They are called GN'R. There are tons of band with only a single original member but it's become a fad to hate Axl Rose apparently.

com'n u just have to feel the same axl ****ed up soemthign beautifull which could have prevented lady gaga to ever excist?!
Quote by EEE_ELLL_OHH

I really like their own songs and I every single album they've done but they have never done a good cover. Show me one please.

Quote by wolvenrick
com'n u just have to feel the same axl ****ed up soemthign beautifull which could have prevented lady gaga to ever excist?!

wat?

I'd prefer them to quit after Appetite tbh. It's most likely my favorite heavy metal record but after that they just went downhill. And I don't care about Lady Gaga as I don't pay it any attention.
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by EEE_ELLL_OHH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEvFEu4PRkI

For one. Then there's the rest of that album too.

Didn't work for me. Which one was it? Spagheti Incident is a decent album. Better than UYI x2 but it's still not anything good or amazing imo. But I don't know, maybe it's a fad to not like GN'R's covers. I thought the fad was to hate everything about the band as a whole but eeh >_>.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I really like their own songs and I every single album they've done but they have never done a good cover. Show me one please.

Knockin' On Heaven's Door. I mean, when you say "Knockin' On Heaven's Door," the average joe is gonna think of GN'R, not Bob Dylan.

I'd prefer them to quit after Appetite tbh. It's most likely my favorite heavy metal record but after that they just went downhill. And I don't care about Lady Gaga as I don't pay it any attention.

Guns N' Roses was NEVER heavy metal. I don't understand why people think so. But you are correct that they did go way downhill after AFD, 75% of it being Axl's fault. The other 25% is all the other members' drug addictions and stuff.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Didn't work for me. Which one was it? Spagheti Incident is a decent album. Better than UYI x2 but it's still not anything good or amazing imo. But I don't know, maybe it's a fad to not like GN'R's covers. I thought the fad was to hate everything about the band as a whole but eeh >_>.

I rest my case

Minus the contradiction 5 or so words later...

Small writing in the middle of big sig.

Quote by EEE_ELLL_OHH
I rest my case

Minus the contradiction 5 or so words later...

Cool story.