String change : 1 time in 2 months
14 30%
String change : 1 time in 3 months
20 43%
String change : more than the above
2 4%
Voters: 46.
Hey

I Play alot. (9 hours a week , sometimes less )

i thought about strings change about 1-2 months

But refrett the neck ?, i don't know anything about that

How often should i refret the neck and how much will it cost me?

Any suggestions ?
Thank you

Scayzar
9 hours a week, I cover that in 2-3 days. Thats nothing to worry about stringwise they should last the usual amount. Just change your strings every other month or so. Maybe every 3 months. Refretting the neck, i think would be a problem for when it needs to be done. i have no idea how much that would cost though.
Last edited by Dio10101 at Sep 13, 2009,
I've never heared about refretting the neck. Also, 9 hours a week isn't a lot.... some people play that a day
9 hour a week isnt that much

change the strings when they start to get dirty, feel bad and lose tone

I've never had to re-fret a guitar, its not something that needs to be done regularly
Last edited by Capt_Clarkson at Sep 13, 2009,
I restring all strings when one of them breaks.
I have never refretted my guitar, but I guess I'll do that when it's unplayable.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by basilbrush
I've never heared about refretting the neck. Also, 9 hours a week isn't a lot.... some people play that a day

Well i have a social life And i can't play long in the evening casue my brother is going to bed early

And i am still at school
i read somehwere that the frets worn off after 3 years so???
will it **** up my sound?
Change strings whenever the feel dead.

Get a refret when you have giant gaps where the strings have been fretted down.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Scayzar
i read somehwere that the frets worn off after 3 years so???
will it **** up my sound?

I have played guitars the have been heavily played for over 10 years and haven't been re-fretted

nothing wrong with them at all
Quote by Simsimius
Change strings whenever the feel dead.

Get a refret when you have giant gaps where the strings have been fretted down.

Exactly. There is no set amount of time for either, you just do it when you need to do it. That said, I find myself re-stringing every month or so. But I play about 3 times more than you do
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by Scayzar
Well i have a social life And i can't play long in the evening casue my brother is going to bed early

And i am still at school

Music is my life, if you want to be in music, like a lot of people do you've gotta give yourself to it.

I'm at school too, straight A's brah.
Quote by Scayzar

And i am still at school

Lol social lives have nothing to do with how many hours you can play guitar for i easily do 20hrs playing a week, and still manage to work and have a social life...

but on the other half of things, why would you waste your money re-fretting a guitar, guitars sound much better as they age, the only way i would ever think of re-fretting is if a fret snapped, trust me, dont waste money re-fretting for the sake of it, ive been playing 9 years and still have my first guitar and havnt had to re-fret it yet
Quote by Scayzar

And i am still at school

You can't play without your amp?
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
I have a guitar from 81 and the frets are original. Where did you get the idea that frets need to be changed like strings. Sure sometimes it is necessary but not in this situation
Quote by supergerbil
I have a guitar from 81 and the frets are original. Where did you get the idea that frets need to be changed like strings. Sure sometimes it is necessary but not in this situation

this. my acoustic is about that old
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Ok thanks everyone
And i think i am Going to practice MORE MORE MORE MORE ,Sure

i'll keep my frets thanks!
9 hours a week is nothing, I do that in 1-3 days bro. And why is this in the Pit?
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ