So i need to run piano vsts on a laptop live. I have tried doing it on my home pc (which is a quadcore 4gb 3.0 Ghz) but there is a lot of reliability issues, however i do use internet and ms applications usual computer stuff as well.

If i got a dedicated laptop what is the minimum spec i would need to run something like truepianos or ivory without crashing/dropout/other reliability issues?
Will you be running a synth or other midi input with it too?

Btw why wont your home pc work with it?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Will you be running a synth or other midi input with it too?

Btw why wont your home pc work with it?

yes and i really dont know its high powered
Macbooooooook

edit: If truepianos and ivory are mac compatible. No clue about those. There's tons of other amazing Mac programs though.
There be no shelter here.
If anyone here says that only a mac will work... I will have to pay them a visit.

Just buy a decent/high spec laptop. Use it ONLY for music [so you will have less background programs hogging resources] and you should be fine.
OS doesn't really matter, be it Windows, Linux or Mac.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
You sure it's not your home computer that's being difficult? What problems do you have, will it start up? Does the sound crack? Is there latency between the input and output?

As for laptops, I'm not sure. I think the biggest problem will be the soundcard. If it's too poor it will create alot of cracks and latency (like mine did before I upgraded it).
Quote by Simsimius
If anyone here says that only a mac will work... I will have to pay them a visit.

Just buy a decent/high spec laptop. Use it ONLY for music [so you will have less background programs hogging resources] and you should be fine.
OS doesn't really matter, be it Windows, Linux or Mac.

yeah but when i run the piano software on my quadcore PC i go into processes and take out everything i can and it still crashes all the time (various software and ive tried different interfaces.
Quote by Kensai
You sure it's not your home computer that's being difficult? What problems do you have, will it start up? Does the sound crack? Is there latency between the input and output?

As for laptops, I'm not sure. I think the biggest problem will be the soundcard. If it's too poor it will create alot of cracks and latency (like mine did before I upgraded it).

I dont mean computer crashes i mean you are playing and then it will just freeze notes on you and takes 5 seconds to release them. its generally fine with most monophonic synth vsts.
Quote by lucertia.
yeah but when i run the piano software on my quadcore PC i go into processes and take out everything i can and it still crashes all the time (various software and ive tried different interfaces.

Try turning off 2-3 cores. And what soundcard do you have?

Quote by lucertia.
I dont mean computer crashes i mean you are playing and then it will just freeze notes on you and takes 5 seconds to release them. its generally fine with most monophonic synth vsts.

Could be the soundcard/synth. I had big latency problems before I upgraded soundcard.
Quote by Kensai
Try turning off 2-3 cores. And what soundcard do you have?

Could be the soundcard/synth. I had big latency problems before I upgraded soundcard.

i dont know how to turn off the cores

also im using an external alesis i/o USB1. its only 6m/s of latency which isnt too bad really.