hey guys, like the title says :

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-KVX10-King-V-Electric-Guitar?sku=520324

VS

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-V200-Electric-Guitar?sku=512894

VS

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Tempest-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=515866

I play bands like avenged sevenfold, bullet for my valentine, billy talent, atreyu, and some punk every now and then. so ya, help me out guys, i dont know much about guitars lol. thanks
I'm a big advocate for the Tempest. I'm not really a fan of V's either, so I'm overly biased. But what kind of amp do you have? And what's your budget? Will you go used? There could be a lot more out there for you.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
this is the type of question you need to answer yourself. we can't tell you which guitar would suit you best. go to a shop and try out whichever of those guitars you can, and maybe some others to see if you might like them too.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
i like the ESP
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
I really like that Tempest...very nice. Not that i don't like V's, but them ones don't do it for me as far as looks. I prefer the Rhoad's style.
"When sh*t becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes."
Quote by jack hate crew
the jackson

I second that.
I broke my G-string while fingering a minor. lol

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Teisco delray
Washburn Lyon AAR signature edition
Line 6 Spider II
Boss Metal zone
Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah
I'd go with the tempest because I like the shape better and I prefer the wood it's made of
I changed my mind, i say the tempest, it looks sick and the reviews are great.
i like the black one too.
the ltd is better than the jackson if you want a v. jacksons are wayy overpriced these days. the specs dont even come close to the ltd. id get the ltd for sure
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
v-200

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
i have the jackson, get it =) its brilliant, very versatile and durable. You'll want to change teh screws in the locking bolts though, because the ones it comes with are made of crappy cheap metal
Spec wise, the tempest: grover tuners, TOM bridge, pretty decent pickups.

However, I personaly would buy the LTD out of all of them, due to it being a V (I hit my hand on any guitars with cutouts), fixed bridge, and it having 24 frets.

The best advice is obviously to try them all before hand.
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Last edited by pigeonmafia at Sep 13, 2009,
I would go for the LTD, it's the cheapest one, and it fits perfect to play BFMV with.
There's a night and day difference between the 1st 2 and the 3rd.

Biggest question you have to answer for yourself is: do you want a whammy bar?

And don't take that lightly...those Floyd Rose tremolos require a lot of patience for initial setup, string changes, and tuning. It can take hours. But once it's done and the strings stabilize, you shouldn't have to tune it again until the next string change.

Forget about swapping out tunings with a Floyd Rose; Almost all the A7X stuff is in Drop D. At least some of the Atreyu & BFMV is too, put most punk is standard tuning.

Sure, you could get a "D-Tuna" ($40) but then you have to block the trem in one direction--you'd only be able to slack the strings, not be able to "pull back" on the whammy bar. That would prevent you from doing some of the A7X.

You really need a whammy bar (Floyd Rose) to play A7X, unless you just wanna play the Zacky parts.

If you're really into it, you'll need several guitars with Floyd Roses.
Play a V before you buy it, it may look 'metal' but unless you can play it comfortably, which can be a huge problem due to the shape, your wasting your money
Tempest. Its the only one with real pickups in it. But none of them are overly good. I'd personally save up a little if I were you, you dont have to save up too much, just another $100.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by jetwash69
There's a night and day difference between the 1st 2 and the 3rd.

Biggest question you have to answer for yourself is: do you want a whammy bar?

And don't take that lightly...those Floyd Rose tremolos require a lot of patience for initial setup, string changes, and tuning. It can take hours. But once it's done and the strings stabilize, you shouldn't have to tune it again until the next string change.

Forget about swapping out tunings with a Floyd Rose; Almost all the A7X stuff is in Drop D. At least some of the Atreyu & BFMV is too, put most punk is standard tuning.

Sure, you could get a "D-Tuna" ($40) but then you have to block the trem in one direction--you'd only be able to slack the strings, not be able to "pull back" on the whammy bar. That would prevent you from doing some of the A7X.

You really need a whammy bar (Floyd Rose) to play A7X, unless you just wanna play the Zacky parts.

If you're really into it, you'll need several guitars with Floyd Roses.

Bullet is mostly in drop C, with about 3/4 of the new album in D standard
Jackson has a low-quality floating bridge. Go for the Schecter.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Might be a good idea to buy a Squier Affinity (HSS) to get started. After getting a professional setup on it, it's not a bad guitar.

Then get a guitar with Floyd Rose on it in another 6 months to a year.

You'll be able to use the Squier when you want to change tunings around, and you'll have the Floyd Rose for the heavier stuff that needs the more versatile whammy.

And it won't cost a lot to put a better humbucker (high-output) in the Squier (and it's super easy to do). If you get an SSS Squier, you'll need to get a custom pick-guard made to accomodate a humbucker later.
Quote by pigeonmafia
Bullet is mostly in drop C, with about 3/4 of the new album in D standard

I do all my drop C stuff with the guitar tuned drop D. If I'm just messing around by myself, it doesn't really matter because all the notes still have the same relativity to each other. When it would matter, I use Digitech Whammy IV step-down functionality on my multi-effects pedals.

(I have a Schecter Avenger in drop D, an Ibanez Xiphos in standard. The MIA Strat and the Squier Affinities get tuned to whatever since they only take 5 minutes to change, but I never bother with real drop C, real D standard, or real half a step down, because it's so much quicker to just use the Whammy pedal.)
thanks a lot for the reply's guys. i dont think id like the floyd rose so im now thinking between the tempest and the esp. ive never played a v guitar tho, is it really that hard to adjust? between the esp and tempest, what would you guys say?
V guitars tend to sit higher on your body when standing, and require you to put the V shape around your leg and play in classical postion when sitting.

The Schecter will have better tuning stability, but I personaly would find the V easier to play