right, i dont really know if this topic goes here and im sorry if it doesnt.

right, i think i better make a pedalboard now seeing i have a lot of pedals plus more coming.

but heres the problem, half of em are ac powered and the other are dc powered (i dont trust batterys AT ALL)

so what do i do? i want them all on my pedalboard but i can only choose one power supply, right?

while im hear, i might aswell ask this, what is an envelope filter pedal?

thanks
Fender: Aerodyne Precision Bass
Squier: Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

BOSS: TU-2
BOSS: ODB-3
Jim Dunlop: Bass Wah Wah
Electro Harmonix: The Mole
Electro Harmonix: Bass Big Muff
Behringer: Bass Limiter Enchancer

Hartke: Kickback 12
some pedal boards have both ac and dc. also you could get an addition power supply that compliments the other. and attatch it.
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
You can have more than one power supply. But in the case of some E-H effects, I'd consider using their dedicated power supply solely for them. You can use a power strip, connected to the mains, so that you can use maybe 4 power supplies to cover all bases. Total power draw from any power supplies you use, shouldn't exceed the maximum amperage of the mains supply.
An envelope filter is sometimes called an auto-wah. It's a device which sweeps a filter up and down (or down and up) a set range of frequencies, dependant on the voltage it recieves. I.E., how hard you play.
you could always make one the seem pretty easy and there are alot of plans online. and while im here i wana ask how is the mole?
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
Quote by Deliriumbassist
An envelope filter works by taking the signal into a buffer/booster, which is controlled by the sensitivity knob. This adapts the signal to be used in the pedal. The signal is split and then sent through to a filter and an envelope follower. The envelope follower takes one signal and makes it unipolar, proportionate to the signal's amplitude. The filter affects the cut off frequency of the filter, based on the strength of the output.

In other words, it makes a quack, a dwoop or a bwap, depending on the type of filter (low pass, high pass) and how hard you play.

There's a description of how an envelope filter works. A bad description, but a description nonetheless
and if you put it behind/infront of different distortionish effects you get groans, moans, and croaks.

Sigh.. hah.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
and if you put it behind/infront of different distortionish effects you get groans, moans, and croaks.

Sigh.. hah.

sounds amazing, haha.

Can any of you guys recommend me a good pedal board to buy that has both power supplies, and is under £200 please.

im not building my own, i dont have time for that

thanks

ps : im from england
Fender: Aerodyne Precision Bass
Squier: Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

BOSS: TU-2
BOSS: ODB-3
Jim Dunlop: Bass Wah Wah
Electro Harmonix: The Mole
Electro Harmonix: Bass Big Muff
Behringer: Bass Limiter Enchancer

Hartke: Kickback 12
All those pedals will run off a standard boss 9V supply. As you are UK, the Diago powerstation is awesome and has served me well.

Oh, and building your own can be a matter of a plank of wood and some velcro. Seriously, it will save a lot of money.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1